Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,749   Online: 870

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So who are the quality manufacturers of 110 film we are meant to be supporting? And what is wrong with Chinese film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This seems interesting. I have a local store here in Japan that sells all kinds of 110 cameras. They have one that is just a small box that goes over the actual film part. I have been holding off buying it due to no black and white film available that I can develop myself. This might be a solution to that problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Someone on flickr has received a roll, shot it and posted examples http://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootf...7630395022016/ so probably not a scam. They tried a stand dev in HC-110 dilution J (1:150) as there appears to be little processing info out there. The results look promising if 110 is your cup of tea. The cartridges are apparently different from the Lomography Orca film released recently.

I'm all for new/old film formats where ever they come from. These guys, who ever they are, aren't going to be challenging Kodak or Fuji in the 110 market are they?!

Shooter
    35mm
    My thoughts are to firly be somewhat sceptical, but to alos wonder if their is actually something behind this. the colour negative is listed as 400. the only known sino-colour stock is Lucky 200, so could this represent a film that has not been sold outside China? or perhaps some other maker we have not encountered?

even if it is some small shop who is packing someone else's film in 110, being able to buy it is worth something, I have even been tempted to pay the fairly high prices of the ORCA film just to see. I have some Fujicolour 200 in my freezer in 110, but getting it processed is a bit of a hassle these days as many labs don't offer the service for film that technically is not made and is all out of date by now.

So I am watching with interest and caution. I would limit myself to using paypal if having to buy from a supplier I did not know.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    I have recently come across another Chinese manufacturer of colour negative film called Huatianfu Industrial Development Co., Ltd. of Shantou who apparently manufacture the film in Guangdong, China. Their brand is called Sunny and is available in 35mm only and in 100 and 200 ISO speeds. The film is available on ebay. Whether they actually do manufacture it themselves, or whether it is rebadged Lucky I have no idea. Nor do I know if they are behind these new 110 films but it is, I suppose, a possibility. Trying to find out the facts about any Chinese photographic manufacturer always seems to be surprisingly difficult!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many here in the U.S. have been discussing what the new Lomography Orca and Color Tiger films are. Maybe Sunny is what it is.
    http://usa.shop.lomography.com/films/110-film
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have ordered BW and color (both 100 and 400) and received a tracking number from HK. Now I am waiting. A manager I communicated with told me that BW is Lucky and color is Kodak (Ektar & Portra or something like Gold?).

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by studioesper View Post
    Anyone tried the new Fukkatsu 110 format b&w 100iso (and color400iso) films?
    FUKKATSU. I can hear Beavis & Butthead's inimitable chortling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For 110 shooters, maybe a call to Blue Moon Camera & Machine, in Portland, OR might help you.
    They have long specialized in lost formats, and may have a heads-up on this film.

Blue Moon Camera & Machine:
    http://www.bluemooncamera.com/index.php
    8417 North Lombard Street
    Portland, OR 97203 USA
    (503) 978-0333

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does this film have the perforations? I'd think that is the difficult step in making correct 110 film. Anyone can split up some not perforated film to 16mm. I believe the lack of easily perforating the film is the reason we are limited in finding double-8 movie film (another 16mm film).

Anyway I just got 100 feet of fresh 16mm Tri-X negative film from the on-line Kodak site. That is enough for about 50 rolls of Minolta-16 cartridge film. Works out to about sixty-cents per roll.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 07-12-2012 at 07:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin