Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,210   Posts: 1,659,412   Online: 850

Thread: Harvey's 777..

Shooter
    35mm RF

Harvey's 777..

Any recent news from Bluegrass Packaging regarding the new batch of Harvey's 777? Last time they have advised of waiting for one component only. I need four-gallon packing if there would be some others too to place a bulk order.

If not, anybody having some to sell? Thank you.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just called them and they said to check back at the end of this month. Same 'ol "we're waiting for one last chemical" spiel. I wouldn't hold my breath. How many years have we heard the same song and dance?
    Last edited by c6h6o3; 07-03-2012 at 12:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What difference is there with the PF packaged version:

http://stores.photoformulary.com/-st...777/Detail.bok

I know of the varying stories from the old secretive days but am unsure of the version vs Bluegrass
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi craig

the formulary version is the one that was published on the unblinkingeye site.
    according to the lady at bluegrass who actually packages/mixes the developer it is " way off"
    but if you want use it ( the formulary's 777 ) , some say it is a good developer ..
    YMMV
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well they would say that, wouldn't they? I wouldn't expect a place that had none of a product to sell at the time, but hoped to have it in the future, to just say, "oh yeah that other stuff is the same thing, just use it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds to me like it might be time to see if the "way off" version from Photographer's Formulary is acceptable or not. At least you know it will be readily available, since you can mix it from scratch.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I only know what I've read here about the original but someone with an established line of it could try the PF stuff and compare.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I only know what I've read here about the original but someone with an established line of it could try the PF stuff and compare.

roger

someone did !

http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Harvey/harvey.html

look towards the bottom of the page ...

the PF sells germain's developer as harvey's 777, they are not the same developer ..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Whatever's in it, it's unique. You don't get quite the same results with anything else. I stopped using it for a while, but I think I'll go back to it. 777 makes it much easier for me to control contrast.
    Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin