Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,740   Online: 909

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Developer: Rodinal 1+50 (6ml + 300ml).

I invert the Jobo(35mm) tank 3 times every 5 minutes during 15 minutes of development. I get negs that print straight on MCP 310 paper.

Stop & Fix and vigorous rinse(10 times at-least) Finally Adoflo.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    15 minutes, that sounds like quite a long time. The published times I've seen range from 7-10 minutes for N development. What EI are you shooting at and what temperature is your developer? MCP 310 is the paper that I have just switched to.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Temps: 20°C before pouring the developer. I never measured the temps after development.

EI: Box Speed, but I had K2(Yellow filter) so I set my incident meter ISO=50 and measured EV 14(It was sunny on top of the mountain). I had everything on that negative to print.

Yes, the meter was facing the camera. :-)

Unfortunate I do not own a scanner, I will try to give it to the lab to get it scanned during weekend.

I am no expert in processing film but I follow this http://www.apug.org/forums/forum216/...-negative.html also I never tested with any other agitation methods so I cannot comment about other times.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, I have been using around 8-9 minutes with good results. I expose my film at EI 80. I am surprised that 15 minutes doesn't block up your highlights or lead to too much constrast.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I presume you may agitate on every minute. I personally do 3 gentle inversions once in five minutes and on 15th minute I pour it down.

In that article author has explained the advantages of this method, further the comments that followed gives even more information.

More over the developing scheme is just a part of the entire system since you may have to consider the enlarger type, paper and so on.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post
    15 minutes, that sounds like quite a long time. The published times I've seen range from 7-10 minutes for N development. What EI are you shooting at and what temperature is your developer? MCP 310 is the paper that I have just switched to.
    I think there's a big difference whether you agitate every 30 seconds or every 5 minutes.
    I like my film stirred, not shaken.
    Flickr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, I misread that. It makes sense now. I am doing 10 seconds, every minute. Usually with just one full inversion each minute.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post
    I am doing 10 seconds, every minute. Usually with just one full inversion each minute.
    I'm trying to picture taking 10 seconds to invert the tank. 5 seconds on the way down, then 5 seconds on the way up? Would be like slow-motion, yes?
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No I agitate other directions for that 10 seconds, only inverting it fully once during that time. But I figure now that this was a mistake as far as to the uneven development. Like I said, I was afraid of too much contrast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you you are unformfortable with the Foma film and the pictures you hope to take on your upcoming trip will be irreplacable may I suggest a first tier film such as Ilford FP4+. Regretably you get what you pay for.

Woooooooo. Pig. Sooie!
    Class of 1968

Jerry
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin