Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,133   Online: 905

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford Ortho Plus

Anyone have any experience with this film? I'm particularly interested in its graininess. Ilford describes it as "fine grain" but I'm wondering how it compares to say FP4 in graininess, assuming it is developed to pictorial-type contrast in a standard developer such as ID-11.

Thanks
    Michael

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I have made negatives from the ISO 24 ortho Rollie for contact negs on silver with good results , I believe the Ilford product would be as tight.
    We used HC110 for these negatives, At 20 x24 our digital contact print on Ilford Warmtone matches the enlarger print on the same paper from the same neg.

I cannot speak to ID - 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this film? I'm particularly interested in its graininess. Ilford describes it as "fine grain" but I'm wondering how it compares to say FP4 in graininess, assuming it is developed to pictorial-type contrast in a standard developer such as ID-11.

Thanks
    Michael

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post

Thanks
    Michael
    I have never noticed a grain problem with this film and would think it quite comparable with FP4. Of course it depends on how you use it.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to order some and try it out for some masking stuff. I've mostly used slower ortho films for that, but wanted to give this Ilford film a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used a lot of the Ilford Ortho film and in terms of sharpness & grain it's on a par with FP4, it's an excellent film. We used it commercialy for copy negs and in terms of processing it behaved in a similar manner to FP4 as well, the only real difference was the film speed and spectral sensitivity.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 07-06-2012 at 10:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for this, Ian.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin