Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,862   Online: 915

Thread: Old Papers

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Old Papers

Does anyone remember Kodak Bromesko double weight paper? I thought this was a beautiful paper, as was Agfa Record Rapid. Is there an equivalent today?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    You show your age, as do I by answering - If any papers could be revived they should be Kodak Royal Bromesko and Agfa Record Rabid - I have a print order to make on Monday, so not really the best time to be reminded of these papers

I still cherish the colour of my 1970s Bromesko prints from the English Littoral portfolio, exhibited at the Art and the Sea exhibition at the the ICA in London in 1981 - http://www.jbaphoto.com.au/englishbeaches.html - The first of the square format English coastal pix, but that format is now a cliche - These were reprinted in 1985 on Ilford Galerie, nice, but very different in tonal resonance

Agfa Record Rabid was my favourite for the early naked portraits

For the printing on Monday for my Hong Kong agent I will have to make do with Foma
    Last edited by John Austin; 07-06-2012 at 08:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin