Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,434   Online: 975

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I´m very interested in PanF+ and Perceptol, since I have a roll of PanF+ (120) in my fridge and still some boxes of Perceptol around. Never tried this film before. Any recommendations on dilution? I assume the grain will be nearly invisible then?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    TMax-100.

Film is the cheapest thing there is about photography. Use the best you can get, and use lots of it.

Buying cheap film is the worst sort of economy.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    I´m very interested in PanF+ and Perceptol, since I have a roll of PanF+ (120) in my fridge and still some boxes of Perceptol around. Never tried this film before. Any recommendations on dilution? I assume the grain will be nearly invisible then?
    Shoot at ISO 20-25, and develop with Perceptol 1+2 at 72F for 11 minutes. Seems to hold the shadow detail while maintaining highlights.

I also use Perceptol 1+2 at 72F but for 16 min with Fuji Acros. It has less contrast than Pan F+.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you very much Tony! 1+2 is also my favored dilution for FP4+. Will try it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    I have been saying the same thing for years but most people don't listen! Then they complain on APUG and ask for help about a certain film defect.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What about Orwo films http://www.orwona.com/. Orwo 54 is 100 ISO and I know of someone who has settled on it as his replacement for Plus-x. I've not used it myself, but I do like the look of it http://www.flickr.com/search/?ss=2&w...wo+UN54&m=text. it is only available in bulk, but the prices seems reasonable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    Absolutely true.

Those who insist on cheap are driving the good reputable manufacturers out of business.

Eventually we'll be left with nothing but chinkese crap. Once they get a monopoly they'll raise the prices above what we're now paying for good products, and we'll have no choice but to pay it.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What are cheap films and what are well-valued films? 99% of the films i buy are from those 3 companies: Kodak, Ilford, Fuji, and i started to add few another brands such as: Foma, Arista, Rollei,...etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last man standing in black and white is likely to be Ilford. That leads to a recommendation of Pan-F Plus, FP4 Plus and Delta 100. I like all three but use FP4 the most out of the three.

Acros 100 is probably the finest quality black and white film available. I expect Fuji will be in the film business for awhile yet.

As for Kodak, I sure hope they survive but I have my doubts. Now that Plus-X is gone, T-Max 100 is the only film Kodak sells that fits your requirements unless you choose to do pull processing of a faster, grainier emulsion.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    ......Eventually we'll be left with nothing but chinkese crap......- Leigh
    Oh no you didn't.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin