Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,726   Online: 845

Shooter
    35mm

First Efke IT820 Aura film

Experimented with my first IR film, didn't get the results that I was expecting. Here are the better shots.
    Many were a blur, due to the low speed. I point two faults (both mine) for not getting that IR look. First, used a red filter 25A. Second, times of exposure: used 1 second f/22 for near scenes and 1/15 f/8 (+/-) for distant scenes.

Sorry for the dust, hair, etc. Did not have the pacience to correct that. Developed in XTOL 1:1, 14m

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You need an IR filter RG715nm (Heliopan) or RG720nm (Hoya) for this IR film. With a Red filter only you won't get the "wood" effect. The regular iso rate with these filters is 1,5-3 so very slow speed. So you need a tripod too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny enough, I saw this on the front page just as I was about to research what ISO to use for the EFKE film which I brought out of the freezer today. So I will try exposures ISO 1.5, 3, and 6. (Fortunately I have an R72 filter in addition to my 25A.)
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photocrack View Post
    You need an IR filter RG715nm (Heliopan) or RG720nm (Hoya) for this IR film.
    Indeed! And another IR820 film to try out!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As the others have said you will need a R72 filter to get the IR effect. A little over exposure does no harm either and helps with the IR look as well. The other thing is that you will need to print at high contrast levels, grade 4 or 5. I've had very good results using split grade printing. Meter for 1.5-3 ASA....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    As the others have said you will need a R72 filter to get the IR effect. A little over exposure does no harm either and helps with the IR look as well. The other thing is that you will need to print at high contrast levels, grade 4 or 5. I've had very good results using split grade printing. Meter for 1.5-3 ASA....
    I do not print, I scan the negatives. I do not have space for a enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fair enough, I suppose in that case bear in mind that you might have to play with contrast levels?

Best of luck!

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    If you can get hold of a 760nm or 780nm filter your IR effect will be even more pronounced. My initial tests recently of this film indicate a speed of about 1 or so, even with the above filters.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well my Ir filter source will the a online shop or ebay, german or french. So the "wave lenght" of the filter is up to me and if the sellers have it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin