Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,748   Online: 953

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    I am not sure of what the "reasons you would expect 5222 to be thinker than say 400TX in 35mm?
    While both films may be base this says nothing about the actual thickness of the films. Eastman 5222 has additional coatings on both the back and the front of the film. Kodak says this on their website. The net effect is to make it slightly thicker and make it difficult to get 36 exposures into some cassettes. From personal experience I have found that 36 exposure cassettes are not only harder to load but may be hard to advance for the first few frames. This has caused torn sprocket holes with the film being unable to advance. I just load either 30 or 24 exposure rolls and no longer have a problem. There is nothing magical about 36 exposures.

Looking back my previous post was a bit confusing as I should have said "MP film is a bit thicker than still film since it has an anti-abrasion coating on the front and a lubricating layer on the back." (Still films do not have these extra layers.)
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 07-12-2012 at 12:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got an abundance of sealed 100 foot rolls of 35mm B&W film in my freezer already, so it's a bit crazy for me to consider buying a 400 foot roll of the Double-X right now. But I really like a lot of the images I've seen, so I think I'm going to do it anyway.

30 frames in a standard reloadable cassette seems fine to me. I might be able to fit more in a FILCA for my IIIc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post

30 frames in a standard reloadable cassette seems fine to me. I might be able to fit more in a FILCA for my IIIc.
    I've had no problems with 36 exposures in metal snap cap cartridges. The plastic cartridges are slightly smaller inside and comfortably hold approx. 30 exposures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, I have some film on the way - 3 rolls of 5222 and 3 rolls of SO-331, thanks to http://www.labeauratoire.com/

At least I can give it a try before deciding whether I want bulk rolls

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hoffy, keep us informed. This is really interesting stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No probs - I plan to shoot it very heavily bracketed, but I also plan to develop either in Adinal or D76.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    The below link belongs to Vic Alexander , is a great guy , located in Hollywood and sells 200 ft 5222 film for 30 dollars
    I kept telling to research internet and some interested guys want to pay 400 ft 180 dollars
    This guy sells 3 times cheaper than the Kodak , 45 cents for 36 exposure 5222.
    Additionally , you can order down to 100 feet for first try

http://www.releasing.net/rawstock/

I dont use ORWO , I disliked their film.

Umut
    Thank you. I got a reply from Mr. Vic Alexander and it seems he do not have any short ends of 5222 at this moment. Hope, he will get it soon. :-)
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ahh , thats not good . I am sorry. There are few short end sellers at google , keep searching.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Ahh , thats not good . I am sorry. There are few short end sellers at google , keep searching.

Umut
    I will wait, since I have enough stock for APX and Fomapan. Right now, APX is selling 1.99 EUR for a roll.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Let me try to figure out other short end sellers in a new list. 2.5 dollars per roll of APX is 5 times more expensive than 5222.
    This is lots of loss. I will write a new list in half an hour and contacting them and recieve data will take this week time also.

Umut

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin