Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,106   Online: 971

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ilford Postcard Photo Paper

Does anyone know whether Ilford still manufactures photo paper that is printed on the reverse with standard postcard markings? My wife is into "post crossings" where one sends postcards to people in other countries, and I would like to be able to print some cards for her. I asked the local Ilford distributors, who are usually pretty good, but they said it is a product of Ilford Switzerland. I don't think this is correct as AFAIK Ilford Switzerland does not make photosensitive emulsions?

Thanks
    Andrew

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I believe if you find the Ilford Portfolio paper in 4x6, you have found the postcard paper, even if it is not listed as such where you find it. (Maybe Simon can verify this?)

Here is one such listing for it, though it may not be of much direct use to you in South Africa...

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/834846...weight-4x6-100

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    I have part of a packet sitting here now. Bought last year with catalogue number "CAT 117 1299" and pearl finish (as I thought that might look better by the time it arrives at it's destination). The basic paper stock is Multigrade IV RC Portfolio, which has a heavier base (250g/sm?) than the normal Multigrade RC.

If you can't order the ideal product, perhaps an alternative might be to get a postcard-stamp and some ink from a craft-shop, then use some heavy-ish sort of paper?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A product which I would love to see, but which I do not believe exists is an RC paper, which has a back side which can be printed on by an ink-jet printer. I wanted this a while back for a project where I wanted to make a calendar with RC prints, and print the calendar grid on the back, but this material would also work for making your own postcard stock. A few years back when I inquired, it seemed that the people who make silver based emulsion were clueless about what properties it would take to make the paper compatible with inkjet printers, and the inkjet people are not aware that silver photo emulsion even exists.

The solution that I ended up using was to print the calendar grids on 8 1/2 x 11 label stock, stick that on the back of the print, and then trim....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Guys. I've given my rep the catalog no that MartinP supplied, hopefully this will enable them to source it for me!

Regards
    Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I asked at B&H the last time I was there (2 weeks ago), and they said it was still being produced.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andrew, just in case, here's another catalog number for the RC Glossy: 117 1202. I just received a box last week from B&H in New York.

-Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Chris and Marc
    Last edited by andrew.roos; 07-10-2012 at 01:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just used it for a photo postcard project - bought it at B&H. The paper seems heavier than regular RC paper - printed easily, nice neutral color. I recommend it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes we do make it.....its on the heavier PORTFOLIO base, super product, I love it.

If you ever need to check on the availability of any ILFORD mono product go to ILFORD Photo.com and we have our PAL ( Product availaibility list ) this shows stock items none-stock ( make to order ) items.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology limited.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin