Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,448   Online: 950

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rollei Slide Direct development

Hello.

I've just got couple of packs of RSD 4x5" and want to try to make a few photos. I would like to use Rodinal (Adox Adonal). The seller in the shhop suggested shooting at ISO 3 (on the film pack it actually says iso 0-10). The only thing I'm missing -- what's the development time? I haven't found in Internet so far any kind of timing for Rodinal. My "target" scenes are somewhat contrasty mounteneous landscapes.

I'm thinking of doing my own test:
    1) Cover half (1/3) of a sheet with aluminium foil
    2) Correctly expose, just using the camera with a scene with -2..+2 lights
    3) Cut the sheet into 3-4 stripes
    4) Develop each stripe individually, I would imagine 7, 9, 11, 13 minutes
    5) I don't have densitometer, so just look at the sheet and try to "get" what was the proper development time

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello again.

Just replying to myself. I've got one input in Russians-speaking weblog ( http://ru-fotoplenka.livejournal.com/2716244.html ). As the result, I tried Rodinal (Adox Adonal) 1+50 @ 20-21°C, 21-24 minutes. Looks fine. However I have not yet guessed proper film speed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin