Rollei Slide Direct development
I've just got couple of packs of RSD 4x5" and want to try to make a few photos. I would like to use Rodinal (Adox Adonal). The seller in the shhop suggested shooting at ISO 3 (on the film pack it actually says iso 0-10). The only thing I'm missing -- what's the development time? I haven't found in Internet so far any kind of timing for Rodinal. My "target" scenes are somewhat contrasty mounteneous landscapes.
I'm thinking of doing my own test:
1) Cover half (1/3) of a sheet with aluminium foil
2) Correctly expose, just using the camera with a scene with -2..+2 lights
3) Cut the sheet into 3-4 stripes
4) Develop each stripe individually, I would imagine 7, 9, 11, 13 minutes
5) I don't have densitometer, so just look at the sheet and try to "get" what was the proper development time
Just replying to myself. I've got one input in Russians-speaking weblog ( http://ru-fotoplenka.livejournal.com/2716244.html ). As the result, I tried Rodinal (Adox Adonal) 1+50 @ 20-21░C, 21-24 minutes. Looks fine. However I have not yet guessed proper film speed.