Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,233   Online: 832

Shooter
    35mm RF

Paterson proofer question

Sorry for the silly question, but I recently found a second-hand 8x10 Paterson proofer with 120 and 35mm glass and I can't find a manual online. I would like to swap the 120 glass (currently installed) for the 35mm. I assume I need do something with the 'little black hinges' but am worried if I use force I'll break it. I am missing something really obvious here... perhaps the glass can't be exchanged at all? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I never knew that both pieces of glass were available with one 'backboard' for want of a better term. I have a Paterson 120 version and have never had an inkling to try to take it apart.

I have an all purpose 8x10 proofer for 35mm- 4x5 thatonce was a 35mm proofer (not Paterson). The galss came out of its from it being left vertical in a hot place for many years in storage.

I replaced the now broken glass with integral carrier for a blank sheet, and now proof most often after the negs are sleeved into the whole page negative storing solutions from PrintFile and the like.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you pry out the little black plastic caps the fixing screws are visible. Back in the day,the glass part was available as a separate item from Paterson.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the replies. I will try and be a little more forceful with the black plastic caps then ;-) Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin