Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,396   Online: 759

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry about that. I was referring to Haist's version of D76.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I too have always wondered about the decision to use Hydroquinone. Although it has some appealing chemical properties and the molecule itself is quite beautiful, I think the choice may have been driven by cost considerations but that is pure speculation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Metol and hydroquinone form a superadditive pair but in a low pH developers its main function is to regenerate the metol. This can be seen in Haist's D-76H where the developer works like regular D-76 but without the hydroquinone has a lower capacity.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Sorry about that. I was referring to Haist's version of D76.
    Haist was most likely referring to the 1927 Kodak Fine Grain formula as he knewq Kodak had a Metol only developer similar to D76.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin