Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,516   Online: 1124

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What is "NEW" Acros?

I just checked Acros stock at B&H.

The boxes shown for both 35mm and 120 sizes have a red badge that says "NEW".

I just bought two bricks of 35mm a week ago. Those boxes do not have the NEW badge,
    and I don't recall seeing it on the package images at the time.

Anybody know what "NEW" means?

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Probably old pictures from the time ACROS was new.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the past some Fuji B&W films were made for them in the UK, the 1600 & Chromogenic films in particular, and probably some of their B&W papers. Does the "New" Acros say Made in Japan ?

Ian

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    In the past some Fuji B&W films were made for them in the UK, the 1600 & Chromogenic films in particular, and probably some of their B&W papers. Does the "New" Acros say Made in Japan ?

Ian
    Fuji b&w paper available outside Japan?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Fuji b&w paper available outside Japan?
    Only via private import, I think a small amount has been sold via a UK store.

When Ilford made some of the Fuji B&W films they weren't officially imported & sold into Europe & North America but that changed when the volumes of grey importers rose.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered some 120 size Acros from Adorama about a week and a half ago. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention while I was going through the ordering process, but I didn't see the message it was backordered until after I paid for it. Anyway, about 4 days later I got an email saying it had been shipped. It came in today, and it's not the 'new' Acros. Expiration date is 6-14, so I guess it's reasonably fresh. At this point, I don't care whether it's the new formula or the old, as long as Fuji keeps making it for a while longer. I remember reading in another thread that Fuji had to reformulate some of their films due to an ingredient being no longer available, so I'm wondering if this is what's behind the 'new' Acros?
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
    ...I didn't see the message it was backordered until after I paid for it.
    That's SOP for Adorama, and it's the reason I seldom order anything from them.
    The website/order process does not tell you whether an item is actually in stock or not.

They should not charge your credit card until the order ships, but they do. Definitely unethical.

By way of contrast...
    B&H has excellent real-time inventory. They tell you whether or not an item is in stock before you put it in your cart.
    They'll even send you an email when a particular item comes in if it's not in stock.

Thanks for the update on the packaging. That's the latest expiration date I've seen, so it's definitely current production.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh B; 07-21-2012 at 12:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can you cancel your order if you find that the items you wanted are backordered?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    Can you cancel your order if you find that the items you wanted are backordered?
    I have done so a few times, so yes, it appears you can.

When I do order from them I try to limit the order to a single item, so I will have that option if needed.

- Leigh

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    The boxes shown for both 35mm and 120 sizes have a red badge that says "NEW".

I just bought two bricks of 35mm a week ago. Those boxes do not have the NEW badge,
    The "New" banner is in one freestyle catalogue I have from a couple of years ago. So I assume it is from the last major revision. I am not sure of the Acros was made in parallel with the Neopan SS or if it just replaced it.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin