Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,858   Online: 1012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak Uses Fujifilm 120 Spools

Fairly new to developing. Just noticed that my latest roll of Tri-X (Expires 11/2013) came packaged on a Fijifilm Easy Loading spool from the Kodak factory. Has Kodak been buying their spools from Fuji for very long? Interesting...never noticed this before.

Kent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess that it is possible that Kodak is using the same suppplier of spools as Fuji but there may be another possibility. If that was the spool left over when you put the film on a reel for developing then it could have come from whatever film you used just before the roll of Kodak. If you used a roll of Fuji film then the take up spool for your Kodak film would have been from that roll of Fuji film. If you haven't reloaded the camera, take a look at the spool left over in the camera, your new take up spool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pioneer, I think you've solved the mystery.

I've got some ancient wooden and metal 120 spools that I sometimes use in the take-up position in my 120 cameras (only on black-and-white film I process myself, of course!), just to keep things interesting.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I notice the OP said the film came packaged on that spool:

Quote Originally Posted by BardParker View Post
    Fairly new to developing. Just noticed that my latest roll of Tri-X (Expires 11/2013) came packaged on a Fijifilm Easy Loading spool from the Kodak factory. Has Kodak been buying their spools from Fuji for very long? Interesting...never noticed this before.

Kent
    (emphasis mine) I'm guessing he actually meant that.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I said, it is possible. I don't know how many suppliers there are for plastic 120 spools, but there probably are not a bunch of them. For all we know everybody is using plastic spools from one supplier. Hmmm, if that supplier declares bankruptcy??? Oh well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OOPS! My Bad. This was actually the takeup spool from the old previous roll used by the previous owner. (New to the Mamiya 7 system). Oh, boy, do I really feel stupid now!
    My wife sometimes jokes that she is married to an idiot!
    Thanks, mystery solved.

Kent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ahh, another self inflicted injury.

Forums are great at recording these for posterity. I know from experience.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Soooo............do I cancel my plans to burn down the building?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was a thread not too long ago where someone who had never used a roll film camera posted in a panic because only one take-up spool came with his camera .

Before this thread starts a wild internet rumour, maybe the moderators could "correct" the title!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    There was a thread not too long ago where someone who had never used a roll film camera posted in a panic because only one take-up spool came with his camera .

Before this thread starts a wild internet rumour, maybe the moderators could "correct" the title!
    Done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin