Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,792   Online: 768

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I got a used Oahus JR 300 on eBay for $6.50, plus $10 postage. (From "Qwik Pawn" in Montgomery, AL.) Targeted at the jewelry/gold market (does troy ounces in one mode), but it also does grams. I presume gold buyers would not want an inaccurate scale. Range is 0-300 grams.

I do need to get a 200 gram weight to calibrate it.

Seems to be a reasonable product.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The option the whole meteorological information such as subgrid scale dynamical activities like disturbance and wet convection at every design time step is the benefit of the on-line process.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The United States Mint gives the weight for various coins. A cent =2.5g, a nickel=5g - A pile of these should be more than accurate enough to determine the accuracy of your scales.

Other countries will have a government site where one can find the weights of local currencies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was told as far back as high school chemistry that at 5 grams each US nickels were a reliable way to test a scale. At least at the level we were operating, which is about the same for a darkroom.

Just for fun, I've done the test on my Ohaus Triple Beam (using stacks of nickels to multiply any systemic error) and it's always come out at 5 grams per coin.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    The United States Mint gives the weight for various coins. A cent =2.5g, a nickel=5g - A pile of these should be more than accurate enough to determine the accuracy of your scales.

Other countries will have a government site where one can find the weights of local currencies.
    I think it is a best way to find out accuracy of your scale. But most of companies now offering certified scale with accuracy and you can easily adjust that scale Whenever you need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use cup cake or confectionliners to weigh chemicals in.They are clean,cme in different sizes, work great tand you can throw them out afterwards to avoid contamination.You get them in the grocery store and,they are inexpensive too.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Why not you use known weight that most companies offer with their commercial scales. Because they are manufacturer under national standard of weight manufacturing and provide you accurate result.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    most people use the toy drug dealers scales cheap rugged and most come with a calibration weight.

but people are not trusting a coin is a good secondary test.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have three scales: A kitchen scale for 100 g up to 3000 g, then a "toy" scale for anything from 2 g to 100 g in 0,1 g accuracy, and finally a gunpowder scale for anything in really small quantities, with 0,01 g accuracy and proper wind guards etc. So far, I have only really needed to use the latter for phenidone, and I suspect when I get round to gum printing again, I'll use it for the pigments. The rest is not that critical, and in many cases it is easier to work with solutions and pipette an accurate volume rather than bother with weighing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    huh, i didn't know the digital scale ( made by toyo ) was a drug dealer's scale.
    i've been using it for years (david goldfarb here on apug recommended the seller )
    and it was purchased through http://balances.com/ ...
    i use coffee filters. i was going to buy an ohaus but i figured as long as the digital scale
    was accurate it would be precise enough to weigh out whatever i needed ( and inexpensive ).
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin