Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,080   Online: 794

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I got a used Oahus JR 300 on eBay for $6.50, plus $10 postage. (From "Qwik Pawn" in Montgomery, AL.) Targeted at the jewelry/gold market (does troy ounces in one mode), but it also does grams. I presume gold buyers would not want an inaccurate scale. Range is 0-300 grams.

I do need to get a 200 gram weight to calibrate it.

Seems to be a reasonable product.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The option the whole meteorological information such as subgrid scale dynamical activities like disturbance and wet convection at every design time step is the benefit of the on-line process.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The United States Mint gives the weight for various coins. A cent =2.5g, a nickel=5g - A pile of these should be more than accurate enough to determine the accuracy of your scales.

Other countries will have a government site where one can find the weights of local currencies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was told as far back as high school chemistry that at 5 grams each US nickels were a reliable way to test a scale. At least at the level we were operating, which is about the same for a darkroom.

Just for fun, I've done the test on my Ohaus Triple Beam (using stacks of nickels to multiply any systemic error) and it's always come out at 5 grams per coin.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    The United States Mint gives the weight for various coins. A cent =2.5g, a nickel=5g - A pile of these should be more than accurate enough to determine the accuracy of your scales.

Other countries will have a government site where one can find the weights of local currencies.
    I think it is a best way to find out accuracy of your scale. But most of companies now offering certified scale with accuracy and you can easily adjust that scale Whenever you need.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use cup cake or confectionliners to weigh chemicals in.They are clean,cme in different sizes, work great tand you can throw them out afterwards to avoid contamination.You get them in the grocery store and,they are inexpensive too.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin