Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,180   Online: 1071

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    huh, i didn't know the digital scale ( made by toyo ) was a drug dealer's scale.
    i've been using it for years (david goldfarb here on apug recommended the seller )
    and it was purchased through http://balances.com/ ...
    i use coffee filters. i was going to buy an ohaus but i figured as long as the digital scale
    was accurate it would be precise enough to weigh out whatever i needed ( and inexpensive ).
    Which model did you get? I went to their site, but couldn't find a Toyo scale? I'm using a couple of cheaper Chinese scales and they are fine for some things, but when it comes to weighing phenidone I get a little worried. JW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hi jw

i just called their phone number ..
    toyo doesn't make scales anymore
    i asked him what was similar in price and quality &c
    and the person i spoke with suggested the "my-weigh" brand.
    i'm not sure if your inexpensive chinese scales are the same thing
    but there are detailed descriptions that might be helpful ( or not ) when you click on the info button ...

(sorry if i am not much help! )

good luck!
    john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi jw

i just called their phone number ..
    toyo doesn't make scales anymore
    i asked him what was similar in price and quality &c
    and the person i spoke with suggested the "my-weigh" brand.
    i'm not sure if your inexpensive chinese scales are the same thing
    but there are detailed descriptions that might be helpful ( or not ) when you click on the info button ...

(sorry if i am not much help! )

good luck!
    john
    John,
    I have one Chinese with wind cover and calibration weight that weighs down to 0.01g. It seems to work fine, but I check it all the time to make sure it's weighing right. I just don't know if it's worth going for a more expensive unit or not. The bad part about digital scales is that they might be off at the lighter weight and be on with the calibration weight. Non-linear I guess you'd say. Now, an analog scale shouldn't have that problem I don't think. JW

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Another vote for Ohaus triple-beam balance. For what I have spent on cheap digital scales that last only a short time, I could have nearly bought an Ohaus and given it to my son decades from now.
    Yet another vote for the Ohaus triple beam. I got mine at a police auction.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin