Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,831   Online: 1114

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Polypan F

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibal_barcauk View Post
    Hi, Martin!
    The Rondinax is just superb, I use it for Colour C41 now too! It uses only 200ml of each chemical solution and I'll get 5 or 6 rolls easily. ... If I'm correct, the Jobos and Pattersons use much more solution even for only one spiral.
    The smallest Jobo reel (System 1500) needs 140ml for rotational and 250ml for inverted processing.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That's good, but without the need to use a dark bag - ie: cartridge in -> negatives out, it's a really efficient and cost effective process with my Agfa.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow. I just stumbled across this long running thread and was surprised to find nobody mention that the lack of anti-halation layer gives it a look similar to Kodak's HIE. I LOVE HIE. I only wish I got into MF before Kodak discontinued it.

Anyway, if I was to use this film I would be polishing up my pressure plate real good !

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Put some aluminium foil on it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah I considered that but wondered if it might not give TOO much halation and really wash out the image, anyway worth experimenting as the film is so cheap.

Shooter
    35mm
    I love this film. I use Rodinal 1:100 semi stand for one hour. EI 125.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-quZYFJBWYC...f+143%2529.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dMohUum_gl...f+143%2529.jpg
    Last edited by damonff; 08-12-2014 at 06:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have shot about 25 , 24 frame rolls of this film. I shot it from 25 to 400 apeed. All were developed in D76 1 to 1 at around 72 degrees for 8 minutes for the slower speeds and up to 12 minutes for the faster speeds. I got my best results at asa 50. Negatives at 400 were thin although more developing time might fix that. If you shoot anything bright white or light in color in direct sunlight, the white will flare out. I've had very good results shooting it on overcast days. I like using this film. J.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dosilverhalide View Post
    I have shot about 25 , 24 frame rolls of this film. I shot it from 25 to 400 apeed. All were developed in D76 1 to 1 at around 72 degrees for 8 minutes for the slower speeds and up to 12 minutes for the faster speeds. I got my best results at asa 50. Negatives at 400 were thin although more developing time might fix that. If you shoot anything bright white or light in color in direct sunlight, the white will flare out. I've had very good results shooting it on overcast days. I like using this film. J.
    Flare out like this?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-6...20143%2529.jpg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Really nice results for a cheap film.... This flare in highlights remember me the Lucky 100 and may be useful for high key prints...

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, flare like that. J.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin