Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,881   Online: 1119

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Ian,

The question is do you have a gaslight with which to expose it?

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Bit of a spooky co-incidence this as I have today been looking at original paper labels of several dozen paper types that have been found in a store cupboard in our marketing department that were removed from the old RAJAR Photo works at the top of the Mobberley site. I have a virtually identical label in mint condition ( never seen the light of day for decades ) except it says Gaslight Postcards.

I am going to have them all scanned and put on the website, the old Rajar ones are very interesting including Rajina brand.....and one I had not heard before ILFORD Valora paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon, does Ilford have an archive of it's historical artefacts etc. The period between WWI & WWII saw the almagamation of many companies Rajar, Paget, Marion etc to form APEM/APM which along with Illingworths etc later merged with Ilford.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    We have lots and lots of interesting 'stuff' but the full proper archives went to The National Museum Of Film and TV in Bradford when we moved up from the factories in the South, I think KODAK in Harrow also sent archive material to Bradford.

Regards

Simon. ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    For paper that tends to fog, you can always try adding benzatriazole to the developer--it's a restrainer (anti-fog) agent. A 0.2% solution is typically used, and you add, by experimentation, until the fog is controlled.

Voceumana

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin