Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,344   Online: 1009

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    I found that the XPan particularly suits my vision as the number of keepers is very high. i brlieve it's the best tool for photojournalism photography. Seeing xpan images printed on 16x20 and 20x24, full frame right in the center with the black birder and leaving the white paper as a frame is quite spectacular.
    Agreed, mine lives in a small bag ( A&A Oskar's One Day ) that used to be for my two body, 4 lens Leica set that I mostly sold off. Now it shares that bag with a lone M3 and 50/2, ten rolls of Tri-X and a tiny Gossen Digisix meter. The prints are to die for!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I do not think he is.

I am doing the exact thing you are doing except I have started this project a bit different.
    Over the last three years I have made high resolution scans of all my negatives. I did eliminate some.
    I just finished last month and now my wife is starting to do the same thing.
    Next is to pick the process for final printing of each series .. some I plan to make enlarger prints, even though I have the scan, others I want to make small platinums and carbons.
    The colour work is all slated for a mixture of gum and carbon for both my wife and my colour negs and slides.

The moment we feel that Silver Paper is going to be either crazy expensive or hard to get we buy the big walk in freezer with a few of our friends and bring in enough for 10 years of printing.
    What is quite amazing is that you are doing this at a younger age, I am nearing 60 and wish I had done what you are doing now.
    For me it will be fun to print everyday for myself and not worry about whether the client will like the print as I will be the client.

I plan to keep the edition numbers small on my general work and when I print I will print the edition.
    My solarizations are a bit bigger edition so editing to what I think is my very best work is the hardest part.

Back up your storage in a couple of ways... trust me on this one.

You are probably sarcastic and BS'ing me (I know I would, just for the kicks ). Still, it's all good.
    The worst part will indeed be to number all the prints and file all the negatives in a logical, intelligent way. And then digitizing all the prints. Huge headaches ahead. Funny enough, the biggest and most boring task will indeed be the digital part. Yuk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh no, Dude, I am totally serious. I have close to 50 years of negatives, mostly unprinted. I wish I had you determination. I agree about the digital part. It can be mind numbing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now THIS should be called The Impossible Project. Kudos for your diligence and persistence.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Now THIS should be called The Impossible Project. Kudos for your diligence and persistence.
    Not really impossible. Twenty fine 11x14 prints a week and at the end of the year you've got yourself 1000 Prints. Don't quit for a few years and soon enough you realize you're hooked and on your way to get through it all...
    Money might be a problem, though.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Where are you located.
    I would like to see some of these prints someday.
    Not really impossible. Twenty fine 11x14 prints a week and at the end of the year you've got yourself 1000 Prints. Don't quit for a few years and soon enough you realize you're hooked and on your way to get through it all...
    Money might be a problem, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Where are you located.
    I would like to see some of these prints someday.
    Don't tell Bob where you live!

Trust me.

FWIW, I as well, admire you for undertaking this task.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ohhh so the dormant slug has risen... where have you been all this time??
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Don't tell Bob where you live!

Trust me.

FWIW, I as well, admire you for undertaking this task.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes I am very impressed well done. I am doing something slightly similar. I am only posting printed material for a least a year. If its worth showing it's worth printing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Great project!

I've made this same decision to go with 11x14. That's a good way to see consistent style and quality.

Though I am miles and miles behind...
    Slowly but surely

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin