Yes. I wanted to know if you adhere to the same high standards that you set for others.

As it pertains to photochemicals, you assert that you do. I congratulate you. You haven't mentioned how far you take your philosophy in other aspects of your life. It's clear you use a computer and electricity, but you haven't mentioned whether you use a car, have any cement or mortar or brick or pressure treated lumber in your home, use stainless steel or tanned leather, watch TV, use adhesives, glues, antifreeze, green, yellow, or orange paints or other similarly pigmented products, use appliances with electric heating elements, etc. These things all either contain chomium, or chromium is used in their manufacture. Many of these products end up in landfills where they may eventually permeate barriers and enter the soil, or may be carried off by rainwater runoff, and so forth.

When I built my darkroom three years ago, I discussed my use of various photochemicals with the city water engineer. He didn't regard my projected use to be significant. Even so, I precipitate silver out of my fixer before disposing of the liquid down the drain. It's easy to do, and since I use a fair amount of fixer, it seems reasonable.

I bought a pound of potassium dichromate eighteen months ago, and I know I've used less than half of it. I occasionally use selenium for toning prints and even more infrequently for enhancing negatives. And when I'm done with either of these two solutions, I simply pour them down the drain. I use such small quantities of these solutions that I see no particular reason to obsess about it.