Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,869   Online: 1044

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kiemchacsu View Post
    Hello,

Given that i have rated 1600 for tri-x and want to develop in D-76, Which dilution should i use to obtain the best shadow details among 1+1; 1+3 and STOCK?

Thanks for your advice!
    Regards,
    Trung
    1+3 is better. To gain shadow detail you need to develop longer, but since shadows develop slower it also takes less out of the developer in shadows, so higher dilution (lower activity) makes sense, because it helps keep the highlights in check because of that lower activity.
    Since you develop longer you still get good highlights. The goal here is still to develop for the highlights, but the higher dilution and longer development time helps your shadows a bit.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    1+3 is better. To gain shadow detail you need to develop longer, but since shadows develop slower it also takes less out of the developer in shadows, so higher dilution (lower activity) makes sense, because it helps keep the highlights in check because of that lower activity.
    Since you develop longer you still get good highlights. The goal here is still to develop for the highlights, but the higher dilution and longer development time helps your shadows a bit.
    Thanks for quick reply, i will it a try tomorrow!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for quick reply, i will it a try tomorrow!
    Oops sorry to bother you again but I couldnt find the time for TRI-X@1600 in D76 1+3. Could we base on the time 13.25 for 1+1 and double the time?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oops sorry to bother you again but I couldnt find the time for TRI-X@1600 in D76 1+3. Could we base on the time 13.25 for 1+1 and double the time?
    Kodak will most likely not have a published time. So it will take some trial and error. Your 27 minute starting time sounds ok. Make sure you read Kodak's tech pub to insure you have enough developer concentrate.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin