Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,692   Posts: 1,482,419   Online: 707

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by choppastyle View Post
    .... I was at a dueling piano bar and two girls in front of me perfectly framed a pianist. ....
    Hooray!

For a second reading this I thought you were describing how good you felt when you saw the shot, not the shot itself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I have developed the roll.

You convinced me that the only thing on there would be complete toast or at 1600 so I developed in D-76 for 1600. First 10 shots and the edge markings are completely black. After that, it gets better until the last 10 shots are pretty intact except for a little fogging. 2 or 3 frames didn't get fogged at all, including the one I really wanted to turn out. I was at a dueling piano bar and two girls in front of me perfectly framed a pianist. They somehow knew I was taking a picture and turned around to apologize for getting in my shot :P Then I got it when they went back to their original spots.

Thanks a lot, everyone. Like usual the people here pull through.
    Hi choppastyle, glad to hear that your most important shots were able to be salvaged!

Which piano bar? My son used to bar-tend at Howl at the Moon for a couple of years. We had his bachelor party there, and had a blast...great atmosphere!

Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Howl at the Moon it was! It was my first time there and it's great. The three of us split that 83 oz cocktail in a bucket...
    I take donations for beer and film​.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Howl at the Moon it was! It was my first time there and it's great. The three of us split that 83 oz cocktail in a bucket...
    If you tried to process the same night after that 83 oz cocktail, that would surely explain the accident! Ha!

I spent a couple of years in San Antonio, after I got out of the service, attended SAC, and worked for the Ranger (the school paper). Lots of photo opportunities in that town, but I could never get used to city life (especially the loop at rush hour!). I sure do miss some of the night life there though....

I'd love to see some scans of your prints when you get them up!

Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    If you tried to process the same night after that 83 oz cocktail, that would surely explain the accident! Ha!

I spent a couple of years in San Antonio, after I got out of the service, attended SAC, and worked for the Ranger (the school paper). Lots of photo opportunities in that town, but I could never get used to city life (especially the loop at rush hour!). I sure do miss some of the night life there though....

I'd love to see some scans of your prints when you get them up!

Griz
    Yeah, the three of us split something advertised for "four or more!" haha we know how to have a good time. I'm a senior at UTSA and I've taken summer classes at SAC. Actually watched a guy steal a bike there in broad daylight once. The only shots I have digitized are a color roll, my first roll since photography class in middle school. Riverwalk at night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6357591375_1fc4e4351f_z.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	54463

Name:	6357618599_f1bc3c0e5b_z.jpg 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	54464

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, the three of us split something advertised for "four or more!" haha we know how to have a good time. I'm a senior at UTSA and I've taken summer classes at SAC. Actually watched a guy steal a bike there in broad daylight once. The only shots I have digitized are a color roll, my first roll since photography class in middle school. Riverwalk at night.

Name:	6357591375_1fc4e4351f_z.jpg 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	54463

Name:	6357618599_f1bc3c0e5b_z.jpg 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	54464
    Your pics bring back some good memories. Used to love to spend weekends on the river walk, and the open air market. Saturday mornings browsing the work of all the starving artists set up along the river (being a starving college student myself, I could never make a purchase), and then off to the market, for air dried beef sticks.....soft as butter.......never found a source for them again that were anywhere near as good!

Enjoy your college years, they go by entirely too quickly!!!

Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Too quickly indeed. But I get three bonus years in Louisiana to party. Oh and studying law a little on the side.
    Thanks a lot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too quickly indeed. But I get three bonus years in Louisiana to party. Oh and studying law a little on the side.
    Thanks a lot.
    Best of luck with your studies, try to leave a beer or two for the rest of us if ya can!

Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I have developed the roll.
    2 or 3 frames didn't get fogged at all, including the one I really wanted to turn out. I was at a dueling piano bar and two girls in front of me perfectly framed a pianist.
    Thanks a lot, everyone. Like usual the people here pull through.
    Glad it worked out.

Even though you lost several shots on the roll, there is a bright side.
    The next time somebody else makes a similar mistake you now have the right to give them an answer derived from your own experience.

Then you can post script your answer by saying, "Ask me how I know this..."
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin