Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,087   Online: 866

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank F
    at least I know NOT to use Nacco or Kodak rapid fix..... that alone would have been a big problem.
    I tried to get Bill Troop to explain the advantage of an alkaline fix vs. Rapid Fix, which has a very near neutral pH in a thread at photo.net this summer. He never did address that issue directly.

I don't think that Rapid Fix is going to cause you any problems when used with staining developers. And if someone knows of some resources that actually have done some testing to demonstrate there is an issue, I would certainly like to see them.

Kirk

www.keyesphoto.com

Max

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've been using Kodak Rapid Fix without the hardener with Pyrocat with no blatantly obvious problems.

I intend to switch to an alkaline fixer as soon as my Kodak stuff is gone, but I'm too cheap to not use it up first...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    To get some real data out there, I asked NACCO the Ph of their NuFix...

Their response.....

The PH of our Nufix is 5.32 (+ or - .01%). All of our fixers contain some acid.

We have a Odorless fixer that contains some acid but it does not have that acid
    smell!

We also have Naccofix which is a ready to use fixer which contains a small
    amount of acid and our powder fixer which contains less than 1% boric acid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin