Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,680   Online: 864

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My own stats are something like 80& to 90% ISO 400 and the rest a slow speed film like Ilford Pan F. Nowadays Kodak 400TX is so fine grained that to me it is the most useful. I do also use Eastman Double-X 5222 at an EI of 400 just like TX.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Ilford HP5+ for 5x7, 120, and 35mm. The odd roll of Pan-F+ 120 gets tossed into the mix when I shoot pinhole.

The simpler the better.

For color I use whatever C41 I can lay my hands on while I practice at developing that film at home. When I get around to printing color neg film on RA4 I will probably settle on a single emulsion.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For 35mm I usually shoot 400 speed film since if it's too bright and contrasty I'm not often shooting anyway so a slower film is not often my best option for handheld street/documentary rangefinder or SLR shooting. That said if I'm using a faster lens or it's a day that's not too dark 100-125 film are preferred as I like to open up for less DOF when I can. Hate it when due to a 400 speed film and a camera with max 1/250 or 1/500 speeds I'm forced to shoot at f/11 or more. That said with MF cameras I'll often prefer 100-125 speed film if I'm shooting handheld as I often do with my Rolleiflexes but will go 400 when the conditions require. If I'm shooting landscapes or botanicals I'll go to a tripod usually with a MF camera at least and then it's often 25-50 speed films. Luckily I did stash away decent amounts of Plus-X, APX25 and Agfapan 25 in 120 a few years back and go with those for many of my fern, flower or landscape images and always use a tripod.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't understand these photogs who avoid sunny day shooting-That's when I like to get out, usually 2-5pm w/a roll or two of medium speed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    I can't understand these photogs who avoid sunny day shooting-That's when I like to get out, usually 2-5pm w/a roll or two of medium speed.
    Yeah, I know it's almost like nothing interesting happens ever happens between 8 and 5 5-days-a-week.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format

Plus-X + PMK Pyro + Gettysburg =
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin