Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,846   Online: 942

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

B&W Rotary Processing resources

Hello all, me again!

I'm waiting for my color chemistry to arrive and thought I'd give the jobo a try on some black and white film this weekend. I'm trying to locate a good resource (such as the Massive Developer Chart) for rotary processing. I've developed quite a bit of B&W film, both 120 and 4x5) but I've always done it either in SS tanks (for the 120) or trays or deep tanks (for the 4x5). I use a variety of films and developers, but for this test, I think I'm going to settle on HP5+ and HC110. Maybe some Tri-X with HC110 as well. I may even to some Tmax in Tmax developer. Ok, maybe some Delta 100 in DDX...

But that's it, I swear.

Any resources for dev times in a Jobo (using the CPP2 with lift) would be great!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't remember for sure, but I think the dev instructions mentioned 15% less time for continuous agitation. See the instructions for your favorite developer.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't remember the exact figures either, but the Jobo times are somewhere between the continuous and intermittent agitation times - somewhat closer to the intermittent time.

Will you be printing on photo paper?

Shooter
    35mm
    It seems to depend on developer. Koak's times for Xtol show very little change and for many films, both Kodak and Ilford films, no change at all between inversion and rotary.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For TMY-2, I find that the development times for rotary processors given by Kodak are spot on (at least with Xtol).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes Andrew, at least all the B&W stuff get's wet printed in my darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    It seems to depend on developer. Koak's times for Xtol show very little change and for many films, both Kodak and Ilford films, no change at all between inversion and rotary.

pentaxuser
    tha's my experience too...little or no change(difference!)
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Search Google for the Jobo Journal of Rotary Processing. There's several years of issues out there so look for them.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    Can't remember for sure, but I think the dev instructions mentioned 15% less time for continuous agitation. See the instructions for your favorite developer.
    The 15% time reduction is a really bad idea. I learned the hard way with several films and several developers.

The second sentence of the quote is the correction path. Follow the rotary development instructions from the manufacturer.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin