Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,645   Online: 1223

Shooter
    Multi Format

Film availability in Venice

I am traveling to Venice and Rome during next week and I will be packing enough film but in case If I ran out of my stock can I able to find film (B+W) in Venice.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Depends on the format I guess.. It´s been 20+ years but here´s where I used to get my stuff: http://www.pk-digital.it/chisiamo_en.asp
    It´s on the mainland, not far from Venice.

They might not have film, but they will tell you where you can get some!
    Last edited by FiatluX; 07-27-2012 at 05:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Format is 135.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was over in Venice earlier in the year - There is a small shop just off San Marco square that held some stock of film, but I didn't look too closely as he didn't have any 120 in stock at the time. Was expecting a delivery a day or so after I was due to fly home.

My advice, take as much film as you can carry and don't count on rely on getting any in Venice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    I was over in Venice earlier in the year - There is a small shop just off San Marco square that held some stock of film, but I didn't look too closely as he didn't have any 120 in stock at the time. Was expecting a delivery a day or so after I was due to fly home.

My advice, take as much film as you can carry and don't count on rely on getting any in Venice.
    Yes, if it's the shop I'm thinking of they also have some very interesting second-hand cameras as well, some rarities and prices were OK as well.They had 120 and 35mm when I was there.

I've had some interesting conversations with loacls when they sawmy TLR, on e woman telling her young (maybe 5 & 7) sons look there's a real camera

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fotomatica is one of the largest BW material supplier in Italy/Southern Europe ( http://www.fotomatica.it ).
    Problem is they are not in Venice but if you have a car and a GPS it's a matter of 20 minutes, might be worthwhile considering it instead of paying high prices in not specialized shops.
    Have a nice trip!
    Last edited by Roberto; 07-27-2012 at 12:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bring twice or thrice the quantity you think you'll need and you'll save money compared to buying anything in Venice city centre during peak season, I say
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 10 rolls of APX 100 and 100f bulk roll fomapan 400 and for that I have 10 plastic catridges.

So, 20 rolls at max. :-|

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin