Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,335   Online: 1208

Thread: Pyrocat q's

Shooter
    Medium Format

Pyrocat q's

Hello all,

I see from the photo. formulary website there are several "flavors" of Pyrocat. Pyrocat HD, Pyrocat MC, and both with glycol. It appears that MC is the more energetic of the two, but I didn't see anywhere in the literature what the glycol does - in other words, what's the difference between HD with, and without the glycol?

Thanks for any info.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Glycol is used as the solvent to prevent oxidation of the solution thus extending the life of the developer for an extremely long time.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

As Jim said. I typically process big batches of film only a few times a year. Pyrocat HD has a 6-month shelf life once opened, Pyrocat HD in Glycol lasts indefinitely. I buy the glycol version so that I'm sure my developer is going to be good when I go to use it.

Peter Gomena

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin