Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,725   Online: 1048

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Pan F + Availablility

I have noticed that B&H and Adorama seem to list Pan F + 135-36 as being 'in stock'. After all the hubbub that has been discussed here in past months I was just wondering if folks here have been ordering Pan F and other Ilford films recently and whether they have been finding any problems with availability.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered Ilford film and developer from B&H a month or so ago, and had no problems.

The hiccup in the supply chain, I believe, was caused by the plant shutting down for a couple of weeks at the beginning of the receivership. Once it re-opened, my understanding is that Ilford purchasing procedures changed, as well, which may have caused additional problems for some retailers. That should all be smoothed out now.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just today got 2 100' rolls of it (labeled as Arista Professional 50) from Freestyle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I read a posting on another forum that the death of Pan F+ was greatly exaggerated. Although there seems to have been an earlier official announcement that it was discontinued, a customer in the UK reported (first person) that on a call about another matter, he asked an Ilford employee about the continued availability of Pan F+. The response from Ilford was that due to the discontinuance of Kodak Tech Pan, sales of Pan F+ were up enough to make it a viable product, and the latest plans were to continue production. This conversation was a couple of weeks ago.

If I could recall where I'd seen it, I'd post a reference, but I've been all over the 'net lately. Wish I could substantiate this better.

Lee L

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    After being out of stock for weeks, E&J (Dublin, CA) now has a large supply of all Ilford films except SFX-200. Keeble and Shuchat filmstore (Palo Alto, CA) also appeared to be well stocked with Ilford films last time I was there. I didn't see any SFX-200 there but, was not specifically looking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All the stores I use locally and in the bay area tell me that they are having no problems getting supplies of Ilford films and expect to be able to supply me for as long as I want them. SFX-200 isn't one I've used yet so don't know if that's included in their list or not. Looks like it's time to start experimenting with Delta 3200 in Rodinal as I've been planning for a while

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GaussianNoise
    After being out of stock for weeks, E&J (Dublin, CA) now has a large supply of all Ilford films except SFX-200. Keeble and Shuchat filmstore (Palo Alto, CA) also appeared to be well stocked with Ilford films last time I was there. I didn't see any SFX-200 there but, was not specifically looking.
    Gassers in Sf has it, Looking Glass in Berkeley has it all. Ilford is back and it will be fine. as they say time to move on to something that is really of importance.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Gassers in Sf has it, Looking Glass in Berkeley has it all. Ilford is back and it will be fine. as they say time to move on to something that is really of importance.
    YEP !! Like shooting the stuff and keeping Ilfords production lines running!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was in Fort Collins CO a few weeks ago and the little camera shop there had plenty of it. I almost bought it until the guy told me a roll of 120 was $6.89. Yikes...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no problem either buying it locally or ordering it. I love the stuff, too!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin