Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,866   Online: 1085

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    I shall make sure that I post this in our notice boards so all of our staff can read it
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    It would be wonderful to know that somehow we were able to contribute to a feeling of pride and/or happiness about working at Ilford, letting the employees know how much us users love the products and the hard work and expertise put into them.
    Having visited Ilford's factory, I can confirm that such a noticeboard does exist. Simon also puts up prints he has received such as from the Postcard exchanges.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

It will go on the notice boards, as do your prints from the postcard exchange.....the people who work here are passionate about the products, many actually use them and all care about the history and values of the company. Our company motto is 'To be the best in black and white' that has never changed ( and never will ).

The product range : Very simple, its our strategy : We have altered, improved and updated all our manufacturing processes since taking over the business to ensure we keep every product : We make everything that we made the day we took over the business seven years ago. Some individual SKU's ( sizes or box quantities ) may have gone but apart from cooltone dev nothing has been deleted from the ILFORD Photo range, some products were deleted from the KENTMERE range, mostly because of base issues and manufacturing issues, and of course some added such as KENTMERE Film.

If you care to count we currently have 2,554 live manufactured items.

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford is doubleplusgood.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Ilford is doubleplusgood.
    I wish it were also halfascheap

Shooter
    35mm
    Agree completely, Ken.
    I get the feeling that Ilford and it's employees are in it for that little bit more than just making a living.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I switched to Ilford paper back in the 90s (before the receivership) because I had some inconsistent sheets in a box from someone else. I've never seriously considered any other paper since then. The paper is always consistent, like Thomas said. Better than that, it's got a great look to it. Go Ilford!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there any chance in the foreseeable future that colour film will come back?
    Or is it a case of never say never lol?
    Alan

Shooter
    35mm
    Back on the early seventies I worked selling cameras and we got to go to a demo of new products at a hotel in Montreal. (Camera Store Staff Only) and ILFORD had set up an entire Darkroom made of Orange Plexiglass. (persprex in the UK) where they we showing the Then New Ilfospeed Product line including the special processor and dryer. The folks in the darkroom of course knew the neagtive they had to print, but still they were making 10 second exposures and the prints came out of the machine in a couple of minutes. The end of the demonstration they printed a "bunch" of prints of a head shot of a model eating a strawberry. Running it through the machines and passing them though a light trap and distributing them within 5 minutes. I have misplaced the print, but I can confirm that it looked like new 20 years later.

The department store I worked for did not sell much in the way of Darkroom stuff, but I stocked up on Ilfospeed, and Ilford has been my favorite brand of paper since, (Although the New Kentmere VC RC is the same source and twice the speed so It may be my new normal.)
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A tip of the hat to Ilford from me too. Delta400 was the first b+w film I shot in a Holga about 4 years ago and it's what hooked me on shooting film. Now I'm processing and printing in my home darkroom and what a journey it has been so far. I've always found Delta400 to be a great film and the MGIV paper to be excellent, even that box of glossy I bought by mistake. Thanks for the great products =]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin