Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,064   Online: 907

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since the pictures are so worth it to me, I'll probably attempt to run a test.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    You could just shoot a few frames and snip that part of the film off in the darkroom, saving the rest of the roll.
    Even better!
    Last edited by zsas; 08-02-2012 at 01:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add quote
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This is a great thread! Sorry it happened to you! I hope you post updates and hopefully scans, as the potential to turn this into a teaching experience is huge!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is what I read and copied somewhere:

Tri-X 400 in Rodinal 1+50, 20°C, agitate 5x at the beginning and then 5x all 5 minutes

@12800: 51 minutes

But I did not try it out so far!
    Last edited by mono; 08-02-2012 at 02:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is an example of Arista Premium 400 (reputedly Tri-X) as shot indoors at Boston TD Garden
    1/125
    f/4.5

This was developed in Adox Adonal (Original Rodinal formula) 1:100 stand for 70 minutes.

I'm not sure what the lighting was at your concert. Probably not as much light but maybe comparable. I estimated I was going for something between 6400 and 12000 -- basically just trying to get anything at all.

Image: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7447315/celts_125-0008.jpg

Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by emayoh View Post
    Here is an example of Arista Premium 400 (reputedly Tri-X) as shot indoors at Boston TD Garden
    1/125
    f/4.5

This was developed in Adox Adonal (Original Rodinal formula) 1:100 stand for 70 minutes.

I'm not sure what the lighting was at your concert. Probably not as much light but maybe comparable. I estimated I was going for something between 6400 and 12000 -- basically just trying to get anything at all.

Good luck!
    That's pretty damn good!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    patrick

get some sprint film developer, its good-stuff.
    use their push processing recommendations
    4 stops is +4, since yours is 5 stops, you might
    email and ask what they recommend, i would do +6 to get something on the film
    better too much, than not enough ... but that is just me ...
    and it is a great all around b/w film developer
    so you can use the remainder up on the rest of your film ...

http://sprintsystems.com/?s=push+processing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In previous years some press photographer used HC110 replenisher to develop Tri-X to speeds around 5000-6400. The HC110 replenisher is no longer available but I've been meaning to try the LC110 from Freestyle (and then, if that works, try it on TMZ and Delta 3200 ) I have the info on that if you want it but you need faster.

A while back I stumbled on this recipe for something called "Super Soup" :

http://silent1.home.netcom.com/Photo...tml#Super_Soup

I've been meaning to try this too, but it's clearly more complicated than just diluting some HC110 or LC110 replensiher and using it to develop. So just now I googled for that Super Soup recipe (I had the info saved as a text file but wanted to link to the original author) and found this on Digital Truth, involving developing in Diafine followed by Rodinal 1+100 stand, followed by Super Soup:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/articles/pushing-tri-x.php

This looks fascinating in a "try it and see what it does" kind of way. I seem to frequently find myself shooting black cats on coal piles at midnight (well, metaphorically) so I used to always be looking for more effective speed. Since the advent of TMZ and Delta 3200 that need is greatly diminished as I can go to 6400 with quite acceptable results with TMZ and to 3200 (to be fair, I've not tried 6400) with Delta 3200. But of course that does no good when you've already accidentally shot at that speed on Tri-X.

Let us know what approach you settle on and how it works out. I'd love to hear about it, especially if you get decent results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    rodinol will give you crazy grain at that length of time....as long as you're cool with that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by emayoh View Post
    1/125
    f/4.5

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    That's pretty damn good!
    I agree, it's very good! I have the Rodinal (unlike some of the stuff in the recipes I posted) and may have to try this for fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin