Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,956   Posts: 1,558,037   Online: 1122

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    IMHO their are quite a few ways to get different results, it isn't necessarily about which film you are shooting. Sometimes when I want a different look I switch developers, their is a different look to film developed in Rodinal, D76, and XTOL, in fact their is a difference between dilutions and dev times.

What I mean by all that is just play around with a few rolls of whatever you have and a couple developers until you find the look you are going for.
    (I personally like D76 at 1+3 for 15 minutes for street stuff, which is what I shoot most.)
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The originals look perfectly fine and well balanced. Seriously, you don't need to do anything with these and I'd stick with whatever routine you have now.

It seems what you're asking for is not about "too much contrast" but that you'd like more contrast or separation in the midtones. For that I'd choose different lighting or a different film.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi All, processed my 1st Tri-X 400 yesterday. Def. more greys and midtones and less bright whites and dark blacks. Not just the image attached, but the whole roll taken under a range of lighting conditions. Anyway am going to stick with it for a while. More grain, but worth it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img350.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	414.6 KB 
ID:	55522
    Speed Graphic, Fuji GX680,Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 645 1000s, Nikon F5, Nikon Fm2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin