Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,131   Online: 1050

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

How much bromide does paper release?

Per 8x10 or other unit i can work out into area, does anyone have a ball park figure? I ask because I want to play around with making print replenishing recipe, I know some people will say why bother etc, its just because I want to. The replenisher having less bromide in it compensate is the idea.

I know papers will be different, so any will do or just even the typical ilford multigrade thats so common.

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not just start your recipe with no bromide, and see how that works. Then just add it as needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you know the coating weight of Silver per square meter it's relatively easy to work out. Agfa used to publish figures. 1 gm/sq meter is a good starting point.

Ilford did a lot of work on bromide content of developers in the 1950's, Metol based devs are very sensistive to increased bromide Phenidone types very much less so.

With a paper developer Bromide build up will have a greater affect with warm-tone papers, the more bromide the greater the potential warmth of the tones.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both Ethol LPD and Ryuji's DS-14 are self-replenished. A separate replenisher was not deemed necessary.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin