Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,084   Online: 1093

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I am quite sure that nobody cares BUT my cats are black and white!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My darkroom is always closed, and the air going in is filtered, so no problem although I have several cats.

If I ever had to choose between, the photography would go.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Get a rat... That will keep the cat occupied and out of the darkroom...
    ... briefly

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The responses in this thread are hilarious.

The shower idea seems like it would work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you tried brushing your cats twice a week? This will cut down on the amount of shedding and the cats usually enjoy this.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Have you tried brushing your cats twice a week? This will cut down on the amount of shedding and the cats usually enjoy this.
    And they are, after all, in charge.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    One of the tricks is to close the door to the shower and turn on the shower HOT for a minute or so. Then shut it off, hang your film in the shower stall with curtain closed and door closed. If you can, close the AC vent also. It takes a while to dry but moisture in the air takes down the dust and possibly cat hair also.
    +1
    I have 4 dogs (two are quite fluffy - shepherd mixes) and this works. It also gives me fairly flat/straight negs (less curl). Luckily, we have three full bathrooms and one stall shower goes completely unused except for film drying.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    ... briefly

- Leigh
    Good one!

I have a used Spiratone film dryer, the kind with a vinyl zipper bag that hangs six feet down under a drying unit with racks... Previous owner had a cat... Ask me how I know.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I feel your pain.

I built a film-drying cabinet, which solves the problem entirely. Think of a wooden box about 1.2m high (room for 120 film but not 220 or 135 without cutting rolls) and just big enough to fit a fan in the top. Car-engine air-filter below the fan, films hung up below that and accessible via a front door, vent holes in the bottom, door sealed with rubber strips. Air blows slowly downwards through the filter, past the film and out. Not a speck of dust or hair on the film ever since I built that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lots of good suggestions here.

Edward weston had cats, they must be good for photography.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin