Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,999   Online: 800

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jacob. Some negs at first glance seems like an ugly duckling that seems unprintable. You'd be surprised on how robust BW negs are. The neg might have a beautiful character that you didn't expect. Keep an open mind. Also, If you're really stuck on what the image should look like, you'll have to do some work to extract the print you want. I've made a lot of mistakes processing film and struggling with a bad neg makes me a better printer and those mistakes I'll try not to repeat. Please post your final print. I'm sure APUGers are more than happy to give their input. Mine is only worth 2¢

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Try 00 (that's what it's there for...) if you must but I wouldn't bleach that....

It's only 23% too much development. It should be recoverable....
    Seconded.

Cheers,

R.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I will give split grade printing a shot, will post an image of the result once it is done! I do need to upload some of my images to my profile, actually. It is getting there! I am glad I asked before bleaching, i was thinking what some people on here have said about the shadow detail being bleached and that doing something to a negative one only has one go.

Jacob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin