Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,422   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    If you used full strength D-76 and didn't exhaust its capacity, you can run a second batch of film through. Spec sheets say to add 15% to development time. I once "accidentally" tested this and found the developer activity was reduced (by measuring Contrast Index) by about 15%... So although it's not as well controlled, it can be done...
    Well, i will consider that but i don't think i want to do or go this route, it is not that i am very careful not to waste any drop of this developer, D-76 is crazy cheapo, and i still have that ID-11, so i may use this one after running out D-76, so no need to reuse the developer if i used full strength, i don't think i may develop something after very soon to keep it, unless i shoot 10-20 sheets in less than 1 week then i may think about it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    . . . i have reading on TMAX sites whether from the stores or Kodak that TMAX is not recommended for sheets or say only for rolls, well, didn't read that on HC-110. . . .
    I routinely use regular TMAX developer for sheet TMAX film with a prewash and diluted fresh in small quantities for trays. I haven't made comparative tests with the recommended developers, but it seems to work well enough.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Well, i will consider that but i don't think i want to do or go this route...
    I wouldn't normally run a second batch of film either. It's a good trick to save for when you have just one or two leftover sheets and you aren't too worried how they come out...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    I routinely use regular TMAX developer for sheet TMAX film with a prewash and diluted fresh in small quantities for trays. I haven't made comparative tests with the recommended developers, but it seems to work well enough.
    What is the reason of that warning about not recommending TMAX for sheet? Is it for trays processing warning or tanks? I don't like trays processing at all and i don't have Jobo drum processing, only Tank is my option.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    I wouldn't normally run a second batch of film either. It's a good trick to save for when you have just one or two leftover sheets and you aren't too worried how they come out...
    The problem is, i keep the great film sheets such as TMAX/Trix/HP5+ for serious actual work, i will shoot with tests sheets of Arista EDU Ultra 100/400, when i am fine with shooting LF then i will start to go with Kodak/Ilford and Neopan Acros sheets.

I was thinking to try going with Arista chemical for Arista film, but to be honest i am very much looking for getting Pyrocat HD, i heard it is great for rolls and sheets, and it has long storage life and also i can dilute large[maybe up to 100].

I will keep my searching and looking at examples going, and i will appreciate any help here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I routinely use XTOL for taco development, but will use Perceptol 1+2 at 72F for the Acros once I start on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The same developers that you use for roll film work just fine with sheet film. In a few cases there may be some time changes, but usually everything is the same. Some older developer formulas also work well with sheet film. DK-50 may be worth looking at.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IIRC, the problem with T-Max developer that is addressed with T-Max RS relates to a propensity for introducing dichroic fog.

Again, IIRC, the difference in the support materials used for sheet film as compared to roll films is the reason why the sheet films are more susceptible to dichroic fog.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, i am going to use D-76 for now and later will think about something else, i did develop one sheet before using D-76 on trays, i hated trays processing, and the results wasn't bad but not impressive to me, i really don't know what our lab use, i sent them 2 sheets of B&W and 2 slides, ignore the color one, out of two B&W sheets only one came out as the second was blank because not exposed, you remembered when i posted about my mistake double exposing one sheet, but the result was amazing, not sure if that is because the double exposure or because of the processing they did.

I have XTOL as well, but i said before i don't want to run this one so soon, and i will use Arista Ultra Edu sheets to shoot more for tests, so i will go with D-76 and also ID-11 for now, when i feel more confident shooting with LF i will use other film sheets such as Acros and HP5+ and TXP320 i have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin