Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,632   Online: 1141

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Worked out problems from last role..

Thanks to all the folks who game my advice I resolved the issues I had with my first bulk roll. I think the real issue was it never was exposed...it must have not caught properly on the roll. I shot the roll and I love image quality of the Yashica Electro 35. Developed the film and got a few good ones including some images of a classic car that someone was working on when Edie (Greyhound) and I went on a walk Saturday and some heavy machinery parked by one of the main roads. (I'm going to post them in my gallery) I did run into a small issue...the film pulled off the end of the roll...had to go into my "dark room" and unspool the film manually. I used the ratchet reel and it was dry so the film went on easily.
    Thank you all again!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    cepwin,

The little, laughable mistakes are the best... Looks like you need to use more tape, or stronger tape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    cepwin,

The little, laughable mistakes are the best... Looks like you need to use more tape, or stronger tape.
    +1

Try to make sure that the tape attaches to both sides of the film. I find masking tape works well.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It sounds strange but, sometimes, you need to make mistakes. People often learn more from mistakes than from always doing everything right.

For tape, I use black gaffer's tape.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    It sounds strange but, sometimes, you need to make mistakes. People often learn more from mistakes than from always doing everything right.
    Outstanding quote! Very true.

OP - Woohoo! I find name brand masking tape works great (Scotch, etc). Double it over like mentioned above so it tapes on the film, spool and back again to the film...

Bulking is a joy. When you have a few differnt types, you look outside, see what the sun is doing, and take it from there (gray, maybe 400, stark bright grab the PanF+, etc...).
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks folks! Oh yeah, mistakes is how you learn..and I think I've made a large percentage of them . Yes, it's nice also to have the flexibility of < 36 shots/roll (although 36/roll is the most economical.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    when your young, you learn by your mistakes; when you're old you either listen to others advice or are old enough for it not matter!!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    LOL....so true...hummm...since I'm still making mistakes I guess that means I'm still young

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin