Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,065   Online: 850

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Every consumer good segment will have its top dollar items. In one sense it is striking that this camera is so expensive, however, if there has to be a mega priced camera it is humbeling that it is this. I think I read there was a purse that was priced at $100K, in that context this is a steal....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Answer to question posed in OP. >>>> YES <<<<

Did you know that you can take moderately good IR color images by using a heavy ND over the lens and then shooting normal scenes? Did you know that removal of the anti-aliasing screen (which provides an IR cutoff filter will improve digital IR imaging?

So, this is a real wast of money and time!!!!!!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks PE. I thought I was just cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm amazed at how loud the motor is. I think an old fashioned lever would be better if they can't get that quieter. With the vertical shutter and no film to wind it could have a pretty short stroke.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    there are plenty of flaws with film equipment, lenses that cost a small fortune,
    and crappy films, chemicals and papers ... this looks like fun, and all the cool images
    i can just reduce down to 72dpi and send to my friends and family, post endlessly on FB
    and on RFF and other lieca forms.
    well worth the hefty price tagg for that much cool factor ..
    then when i am done being cool, i can auction it off on ebooooo and get at least what i paid for it back ...
    prototypes always fetch more in auctions. you guys are being way to harsh ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, but it is a waste of money (when compared to film).

Kodak tried something similar, but it was more money!

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...dak-760m.shtml
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I think Kodak had monochrome (and IR) versions of its early digital cameras. I know there were 3 versions of the original DCS.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    if i had 8k, id buy it in a heartbeat
    if I had 8k I'd buy an M7. Right now I suffer along with my M series cameras and film.

Oh! The Humanity!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can reduce down to 72dpi most any negative from a $10 Brownie or Instamatic for about the same effect and get at least what you paid for it back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    there are plenty of flaws with film equipment, lenses that cost a small fortune,
    and crappy films, chemicals and papers ... this looks like fun, and all the cool images
    i can just reduce down to 72dpi and send to my friends and family, post endlessly on FB
    and on RFF and other lieca forms.
    well worth the hefty price tagg for that much cool factor ..
    then when i am done being cool, i can auction it off on ebooooo and get at least what i paid for it back ...
    prototypes always fetch more in auctions. you guys are being way to harsh ...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin