Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,729   Online: 978

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Someone should e mail this guy and tell him Azo is not POP....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also, it looks like this person is interested in setting up his own Azo-selling biz. IMO, it would be much more beneficial to the life of Azo itself and photography in general for everyone to buy their Azo from Michael Smith and Paula Chamlee at michaelandpaula.com. Their bulk orders from Kodak single-handedly keep the paper from being discontinued. Breaking up the vendor market seems like an unhealthy thing to do at this point.

(*sigh*) if only they or someone would have been able to do that with SuperXX film. I never used it before it went away, but the stories I've heard make it sound wonderful. At least M&P were able to max out their personal credit and buy all remaining stock for their own lifetime supply.

-KwM-

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    (*sigh*) if only they or someone would have been able to do that with SuperXX film. I never used it before it went away, but the stories I've heard make it sound wonderful.-KwM-
    The stories are true, but before Super XX gets elevated to cult status, it was, after all, only film. Great curve; thick base; N+2; very forgiving. It was the only film I used for 10 years and I (sob) do miss it!

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    well, i am glad you all checked this out. i just saw this headline when checking on what paper was being listed for today, but didn't pay any attention to the specifics.
    I agree that if i was using this paper i would certainly purchase it from Paula, and Micahel as they certainly have put their money were their mouth is

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As much as I feel M & P should be supported as far as Kodak is concerned, if 1000 boxes go out the door to M & P or 400 to them and 300 so someone else and 300 to a third person it's still 1000 boxes. It would be easier for them to only deal with one customer, but competition in the market place is always the best thing for the consumer.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Jorge, i read that some guy uses AZO as a POP paper, he said he got very neat results, the contrast is way lower but he seems to love the results. I am hoping to give it a try sometime.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    As much as I feel M & P should be supported as far as Kodak is concerned, if 1000 boxes go out the door to M & P or 400 to them and 300 so someone else and 300 to a third person it's still 1000 boxes.
    Try buying a 100 sheet box of Grade 3 Azo anywhere else and your opinion may change.

Also, their commitment to keeping Azo alive has resulted in a special relationship with Kodak and the people who make these decisions about what gets the axe. They had to make a commitment to Kodak to get this last master roll of Grade 3 run. It's very important that those of us who use the product help them keep that commitment. In that way when it's again thrown up onto the chopping block, odds will be better that M&P can get them to run another roll. Think B&H will do that for you? Calumet? What's their commitment to keeping fine materials in production?
    Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    That and which grade it is.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Images
    Okay, Michael and Paula saved it, great. Wouldn't it be better if there was enough demand for this stuff that others were able to sell it. I mean once something is saved don't people want it to spread. I am happy it was saved but Michael has said over and over that selling AZO is not his prime business, meaning there would be room for more dealers and that brings competition. I for one will be really happy when I have a choice of who I buy from that means the stuff is doing really well and Kodak won't chop something that is doing well. I assume.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin