Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,416   Online: 815

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

8x10 instant film

Here's a story on NPR on the Impossible Project.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow...r-8-by-10-film

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    http://www.bjp-online.com/british-jo...t-film-gallery

At almost 17,00 euro/sheet, I think I'll have to pass, but I'm really glad that IP brought back 8x10 instant film for those who can afford it.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now if they can just get it back to the original quality of Polaroid product....(not just the 8x10 but all their offerings)

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    "The photos... are beautiful in a way that only instant film can be. They are muddy, blurry, grainy and splotchy — and this is exactly what makes them so wonderful."

Making sense of the senseles. (I could just scream when I think of all the time I've wasted under the enlarger and at the finishing table.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    "The photos... are beautiful in a way that only instant film can be. They are muddy, blurry, grainy and splotchy — and this is exactly what makes them so wonderful."

Making sense of the senseles. (I could just scream when I think of all the time I've wasted under the enlarger and at the finishing table.)
    I guess there are many ways of appreciating film. It is true that using processes that are not entirely repeatable results can indeed be wonderful and shitty at the same time, depending on who's looking at the pictures. People love their wet plates because of their unpredictability and therefore uniqueness, and others don't like them at all for the very same reason.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I guess there are many ways of appreciating film. It is true that using processes that are not entirely repeatable results can indeed be wonderful and shitty at the same time, depending on who's looking at the pictures. People love their wet plates because of their unpredictability and therefore uniqueness, and others don't like them at all for the very same reason.
    That's why I like shoot film and print my own. Unpredictability and uniqueness is what makes us human and it transfers into our art. It's sad to see some people wanting predictability and shunning uniqueness.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Believe me, I get that. Just making an observation, which despite the smiley, was apparently "under appreciated". (Next time I'll wait till I'm awake before attempting anything resembling wit ).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Believe me, I get that. Just making an observation, which despite the smiley, was apparently "under appreciated". (Next time I'll wait till I'm awake before attempting anything resembling wit ).
    I think humor and wit is one of those things that don't come across well always. Now I appreciate your comment even more.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin