Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,813   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Moersch Easy Lith set + Foma 111:

http://darkosaric.deviantart.com/art...nt-8-129474115

regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have some WAY expired fomabrom that i'm (after this reading) impatiently waiting to lith!
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Anton Corjbin book Startrax is probably what your friend is looking for . very grainy / stippled with warm brown creamy highlights.
    This book came out early 90's and is responsible for thousand of Album and CD covers worldwide .

Printed by Mike Spry late 80's early 90's. Probably one of the best printers in UK.
    None of the fruity tuity wishy washy colours that long development can get you. 20 min development nonsense.

Trix rated 1200 ISo - HC110 Dilution B 9 - 10 min develop.*** I would double check on the B it could be E***

Oriental G4 if you can get the original emulsion,,, Nova Lith A B dilution 1:8 with warm brown additional.
    Secondary Sterling Lith if you could get the original emulsion.

Flash print off the main enlarger to get the cream , pull the print for the contrast.

This is IMHO the only true lith print look, the rest are all wannabees.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    It actually says that?? does not suit lith printing well.

It is my go too paper for lith printing these days , Ilford warmtone gives grainy prints and are green when done right. With toner any colour is possible.

QUOTE=aleksmiesak;1384812]I've had some fun grainy results using non-lith paper for kicks. Or more specifically Ilford WT paper that stated on the box "does not suit lith printing well". Can't remember the exact name of the paper right now and my notes are about 500 miles away so I'll have to get back to you. The paper took quite a while to develop but once the silver crystals caught on the contagious spread was pretty rapid. A fun experiment and probably will suit certain images better then others and maybe will be helpful in what your student is after.

Have fun!

Aleks[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you everyone.Before this post I searched for lith threads but I must have done something wrong. I will begin checking your links and compiling the information. I'm beginning to want to try it myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    It actually says that?? does not suit lith printing well.
    [/QUOTE]

Like I said, I'm not sure what paper that was. I'm pretty sure it was Ilford just can't remember which one. I'll double check when I get back to my notes. And I remember the box actually had a note about it not being suitable for lith printing which I found funny and obviously a stubborn girl's challenge
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I am pretty sure it hasn't that warning as it is a go to paper for a few of us here. It has a completely different snatch point than any other paper, and the lith effect explodes
    in the fix, therefore making you to pull the print when it looks like crap, but it really is a beautiful paper for lith.

I am talking about Ilford Warmtone fibre paper .

Like I said, I'm not sure what paper that was. I'm pretty sure it was Ilford just can't remember which one. I'll double check when I get back to my notes. And I remember the box actually had a note about it not being suitable for lith printing which I found funny and obviously a stubborn girl's challenge [/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I am pretty sure it hasn't that warning as it is a go to paper for a few of us here. It has a completely different snatch point than any other paper, and the lith effect explodes
    in the fix, therefore making you to pull the print when it looks like crap, but it really is a beautiful paper for lith.

I am talking about Ilford Warmtone fibre paper .

Like I said, I'm not sure what paper that was. I'm pretty sure it was Ilford just can't remember which one. I'll double check when I get back to my notes. And I remember the box actually had a note about it not being suitable for lith printing which I found funny and obviously a stubborn girl's challenge
    [/QUOTE]

Ok, let's beat that horse some more.... I will double check what paper it was when I get home.
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the response was inappropriate, too. All she said was she thought there was a sticker on her WT package, and offered to check when she got home. I'm curious as to what paper it was, as I've never seen it on my Ilford WT, either.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I momentarily lost my head. I didn't know I was beating a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Bob, are you trying to take my place as APUG's resident misanthrope?

You had better tone it down as there is only room for one of us here!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin