Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,916   Online: 1018
      
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    markbarendt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ignacio, CO, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,668
    Blog Entries
    3
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    All of the developers do the same thing: develop film. All of them will give you good results. Don't worry about having "the ideal" developer, just start with something convenient that works for your personal process.
    +1
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

    "We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

  2. #22
    nicholai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kolding, Denmark
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    294
    I +1 that remark as well, and as far as conveniency goes, Rodinal is the deal. At least to me. It's just so allround. Dilute it 1:100, pour it in, agitate 30 sec, watch an episode of your favorite series. Agitate. Watch another. Agitate, pour, stop. fix. done. And apparently it keeps forever, as long as its undiluted.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

  3. #23

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Daventry, Northamptonshire, England
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    6,911
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Thanks everyone. I prefer liquids because I only want to make up as much solution as I will use in one day.
    DDX as an example is 1L of concentrate but then again so is ID11 powder to make up 1L of stock from which you use it as concentrate or dilute at 1+1; 1+2 or 1+3 in the same way you dilute DDX at 1+4 for a working solution.

    In effect once the powder is a liquid of stock solution then it fits your preference as above. Just a thought

    pentaxuser

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    14
    I just developed my first roll of Fuji Acros 100, my 3rd roll in all, using Ilfosol 3. No problems at all other than me getting some dust on my negatives. I really like the Fuji film. Developing time was 5 minutes, I went to 5 and a half to get a bit more contrast. I mix it 1+9 and I mix just enough to use for that day and the next if I'm developing that day too. If you dilute it to 1+14 then your developing time is a bit longer. I'm happy with the results and will be using Fuji Acros 100 more regularly now. Ilfosol 3 has worked out really nicely for me and is not hard to use, and I'm a complete beginner.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,870
    Images
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by crsantin View Post
    I just developed my first roll of Fuji Acros 100, my 3rd roll in all, using Ilfosol 3. No problems at all other than me getting some dust on my negatives. I really like the Fuji film. Developing time was 5 minutes, I went to 5 and a half to get a bit more contrast. I mix it 1+9 and I mix just enough to use for that day and the next if I'm developing that day too. If you dilute it to 1+14 then your developing time is a bit longer. I'm happy with the results and will be using Fuji Acros 100 more regularly now. Ilfosol 3 has worked out really nicely for me and is not hard to use, and I'm a complete beginner.
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm excited to get started developing film. I have shot some Fuji Acros film and had it processed in a lab. I was very impressed with the sharpness and tonality. This is an immediate favorite film of mine. I just wish it also came in 400 speed in 120 size!! What a shame that only ISO100 is available.

  6. #26
    Leigh B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,035
    Images
    1
    Acros is only available in 100 speed, regardless of size.

    Some of the advantages of that film would likely be lost if they tried to increase the speed.

    - Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

  7. #27
    markbarendt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ignacio, CO, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,668
    Blog Entries
    3
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm excited to get started developing film. I have shot some Fuji Acros film and had it processed in a lab. I was very impressed with the sharpness and tonality. This is an immediate favorite film of mine. I just wish it also came in 400 speed in 120 size!! What a shame that only ISO100 is available.
    Ilford And Kodak make good film too. Have you heard of Delta 400 and TMax 400?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

    "We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,870
    Images
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Ilford And Kodak make good film too. Have you heard of Delta 400 and TMax 400?

    Of course. I am going to experiment with Ilford's 400 speed films to see what suits me there as well as try the ISO3200 to see if that is a viable option for low light shooting.

    I dont want to get too attached to Kodak because I don't believe they will be around much longer. In my own case, it is time to rally around those who have a better than prayer chance to survive.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,870
    Images
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    Acros is only available in 100 speed, regardless of size.

    Some of the advantages of that film would likely be lost if they tried to increase the speed.

    - Leigh

    My mistake. I am guessing that there is a Neopan 400 for 135 then which was discontinued for 120. I did not realize that this 400 speed film did not carry the Acros name.

  10. #30
    Leigh B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,035
    Images
    1
    Right. Acros is a unique film.

    It shares the Neopan name with other films, but they're not the same.

    - Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin