Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,191   Online: 1139

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tray processing

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    For 4x5's I have used two 5x7 trays of developer in a single 11x14 tray -- sort of a slosher, but one can use different dilutions at the same time if so desired.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rince View Post
    ...along their capacity table and the dilution I use it is around 750ml, I simply could not fit more than 800ml in the tray...
    That's fine. If it says 750ml you're not obligated to use more.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just realized in the pictures I posted the slosher tray is missing the lifting handles which I hadn't installed yet. But you get the idea - you just move the slosher from tray to tray during processing: put the film in the slosher, the slosher goes into the developer tray, after development, just lift the slosher out and move it to the stop bath etc. Washing is straight forward, I just put the slosher in a tray with the old Kodak siphon going (same as washing prints in a tray).

I don't want to give the impression tray shuffling is bad. The slosher is just an option, and there is nothing wrong with shuffling. Plenty of great photographers did it that way and people are still doing it with excellent results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin