Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,676   Online: 1078

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adorama Paper

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been debating recently whether to try this paper but with all the good things I have heard or read today it seems to be that I will order some tomorrow. I am almost out of Foretzo paper that I acquired a large quantity of and this is in my price range and have had good luck with Adorama shipping lenses etc. It is great to read about people that actually use this product and not just the opinion of the sales person. I had my order made out with Glossy paper but I see now that I should order the matte finish. Thanks again APUG.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 08-28-2012 at 08:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should get BOTH. They are completely different in characteristics.

They do have a sample pack that has 5 of each (I think) if you just want to just try it out.
    Just remember, glossy is about 2 stops faster than matte. Former does not tone well but the latter does.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The toning is the reason why I discarded the glossy selection. Now I only print 11x14 so my paper selection is limited by my budget.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 08-28-2012 at 09:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah, I see. You'll love the matte paper then. It tones beautifully in brown and selenium. The paper base is rather whitish but emulsion is quite tonable. It has a slight green cast so you might want to lightly selenium tone it if neutral black is desired. Brown tone is just beautiful.

Here's my best result out of this paper.
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=36046
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice browns. I do a lot of landscape so the toning will work well for me. I also added a small order (10) of the glossy just to see.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Off topic for this subforum, but I'm also curious about their color paper products...

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I'm not sure that you can definitively say it is not being manufactured by Ilford.

I think that Simon has said that they will not supply their own Ilford product to be labelled as someone else's house brand. I do believe, however, that Ilford do manufacture other products to the specifications of other parties.

As I understand it, Ilford's facilities and people are available for hire.

And they are in the EU.
    One has to distinguish betwenn Ilford (brand) and Harman (company).
    I understand that Harman told us you will not find a film / paper sold under the Ilford brand and another one. The Kentmere label is another story...
    Regards,
    Andreas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin