Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,302   Online: 933

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Yet I find it idiotic that folks will boycott Kodak film and complain at the same time about shrinking
    selection and rising prices. You can't have it both ways. And why punish the hardworking engineers
    and techs in the company for what they're actually doing right - it's not their fault that the corporation as a whole got led down the wrong set of tracks. If Kodak shuts down film, it's going to
    be next to impossible for anyone else to resurrect things like Ektar or Portra.
    My sentiments exactly. This has been going on for some months now. As soon as some poor photographer has his feelings hurt if he feels Kodak is not supporting him he stops buying Kodak products. Sure is a great way to help Kodak survive. Howard Tanger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So when Fuji and Kodak are closing film industrial sooner or later and then we are left with Ilford, how can film survive then? We keep saying film is not dead, but from what i say t is dying slowly and it is just a matter of time, more announcements these days from big 2 companies for films, so i feel within 2-4 years we are left with less and less options and we may not get interested much to shoot if we don't have enough film to shoot or can't find film here and there as we want, i have 3-4 favorite films, if those are gone then i don't want to use another films even good enough.

4x5 Kodak film might well be available for a time to come. However, as we have already noted, larger format Kodak film might vanish-or be available by special order only and at prices that are prohibitive.

I have switched to Ilford film, and I am not sorry. Ilford films are fine in 8x10 and larger, and the price is much more reasonable. It is surely time to stop complaining, and to begin to support a company that appears to be dedicated to supporting us. Kodak was great. The King is dead, but long liver the King.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin