Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,339   Online: 891

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Would people here recommend that I skip or perform the "hypo clearing" step? It seems optional and I do not know what is best for me to do.

Thank you!
    I used to use HCA(hypo clearing agent), when I used Kodak Fixers(acid) I switched to an Alkaline fix(Formulary TF-4) and it's no longer required. Ilford wash method will clean film without HCA. I only use HCA for fiber based prints now days.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Would people here recommend that I skip or perform the "hypo clearing" step? It seems optional and I do not know what is best for me to do.

Thank you!

Yes, it is optional. Your choice is:

1) wash for 30 minutes
    2) HCA then wash for 5 minutes

If you are just testing something and you don't expect the film to last, then you can just wash for 5 minutes and be done with it. I do this for junk project and test rolls.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin