Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,601   Online: 855

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, Jim 17x, that is definitely not what the post linked by zsas says. I do not see how you can read that and come to the conclusion that you did.

In fact, the Efke films are discontinued, as of now. Also, all the ADOX CHS films are discontinued, because they are, in fact, Efke films. There may be a small amount on merchant's shelves, and there may be a last bit in the pipeline, but it isn't that much and it won't last long. So they are discontinued. Forever gone.

Mirko was saying that they plan to bring a "replacement" to market, starting with the 100 ASA film. That replacement won't be identical to Efke 25, 50, and 100 or the corresponding Adox films. The replacements don't exist in the market yet, and there is no guarantee that they ever will.

A replacement for the Efke IR820 infrared film is not contemplated by anyone, so far as I have heard. Neither for the Efke ORT orthochromatic film. No one has stepped up to making 127 rolls in any emulsion either.

All of these Fotokemika films are discontinued. They are gone forever. They will not be produced under a different name. Whatever replacements ADOX Fotoimpex may be able to develop and market, they won't be the same films.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Well said Skip. In short, although I have great faith that ADOX will do a class act formulating replacement emulsions for us in the CHS line as Mirko outlines (even the 400 ISO too!), however, I sadly concede that forever, some great film is gone.....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    No, Jim 17x, that is definitely not what the post linked by zsas says. I do not see how you can read that and come to the conclusion that you did.
    I have no idea as to why i thought that either.. I guess the thought of losing my favorite film made me delusional! I will hit Freestyle and stock up on 120 & 4x5.

Shooter
    35mm
    I hope Adox will have a better qc too...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin