Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,837   Online: 893

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Efke fim Update and possible special order

I wanted to post this here and over at the LFF.

I was at Freestyle today and I met with Eric Joseph who handles all of the ordering for Freestyle. The Fotokemika production is done! No more coating. The factory will close. They have inventory and master rolls that have been coated. This has been reported here in another thread.

Eric told me that they have master rolls coated but he can not get an answer as to how much. So, Freestyle will place one last order for Efke film for them to cut and send to them. I asked about the possibility of cutting Efke 25 in 8x20. We would have to do a 10 box minimum most likely and if we do more all the better. Price now is $175.99 a box. (I'm using the PL-100 pricing) As an 8x20 shooter I'd like to see if I could stock up on this film if I could. Please pm me or send me an e-mail to jim@carbonartphotography.com if you are interested. Eric can not guarantee that they will do this but I think if there is interest we could get it done. Freestyle would bring it in and handle the shipping and payment. Please let me know. We need to act on this right away.

Also, if some of you are interested in 11x14 Efke-25 let me know and it may be possible to have this cut as well.Just throwing it out there for those who may be interested so let me know. I may go for 3-4 boxes of 8x20 if I can swing it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well this is somewhat good news. I can continue to built my stock for a while longer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sorry, but does this mean Efke film is no longer being made at all?

(I read through some other threads but I cannot seem to understand what's going on )
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    As I understand it, when the master rolls that are already coated and ready to cut are cut and the sizes that are ordered are shipped that is it. No more!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does this affect Adox films or just Efke?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How many sheets in a box, Jim?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I do not know if this effects Adox. I believe that Efke supplies Adox with their film and it is just boxed as Adox. Don't quote me on that because I am not sure and I do not want to cause any problems if I am wrong. The 8x20 is 25 sheet boxes.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim17x View Post
    Does this affect Adox films or just Efke?
    Impact on ADOX here:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1384785
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Thanks zsas... Correct me if I'm wrong... No film will actually be discontinued, They will be produced under a different name?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From how I understand it, these new Adox films are the first to be produced from the old Agfa research lab coating machines. They aren't the old Efke emulsions.

Jim B.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin