Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,261   Online: 808

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have toned Ilford warmtone after using the sprint chemicals with no problems.

Actually, I mixed Kodak Rapid Selenium with the Sprint Fix Remover and the prints came out wonderful. My mix is 100ml Fix Rem + 900ml water + 50ml Selenium for about 3 minutes. If you want a color change, jack the temperature to about 75 degrees.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sprint fixer has a great rep for people who like to tone. Helps with the process, don't know how are why, but several tech people from Forte were very high on using SPrint fixer when toning their papers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using their fixer for a while with both film and paper with good results. It has a high capacity, no objectionable odour, and is cheap. I used the film developer too, for a while. It is your standard PQ-type general-purpose film developer. Results were just fine. Unfortunately Sprint chemicals are no longer available where I live so I'll have to find another option...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    Sprint fixer has a great rep for people who like to tone. Helps with the process, don't know how are why, but several tech people from Forte were very high on using SPrint fixer when toning their papers.
    Sprint fixer is a non-hardening fixer. They have recommendations and instructions for adding hardener, but alone it has no hardener. This is probably why people like it for toning.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    most folks who do a lot of toning, always use a non-hardening fixer and there are several on the market. Sprint formula seems to be a bit different which is even more helpful with toning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't toned the prints that I've tried in the Sprint fixer, but thanks all for the comments! It's great to get some feedback on products before shelling out the cash!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sprint chemistry was founded by paul krot. he was a risd grad who always had the needs of photographers on his mind. when kodak gave me BUM ADVICE, and told me to throw my negatives in the trash, i called paul who suggested that i use farmers reducer and his fixer to remove the dichrilic fog. i'll always remember how helpful he was, and probably never use another fixer ( as long as sprint stays in business!)
    Last edited by jd callow; 02-08-2007 at 07:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used sprint chemicals at RISD this summer, and thought they were pretty good. My TA in my class said that aside from the obvious fact that the founder was from RISD, RISD uses sprint chemistry because it is more environmentally friendly than other companies. I'm not sure if this is true... but a rumor that I heard is that people have drank the chemicals to prove that they are not environmentally harmful. Weird.
    -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll pass on the taste test! The fix has far fewer fumes than the Kodak, so that alone is reason to go with it. I think they'll be a fine replacement for the general all purpose Kodak chemistry that I've been using, and maybe I can avoid what I call "chemical head" after a long darkroom session. Still won't dump the fix down the drain though, it's still bound to have silver in it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been using Sprint chemstries for several years with good results. Treat the developer like D-76 and you're OK. 'Tho, I've always used Kodak Indicating Stop bath, so I can't comment about Sprint's Stop Bath.
    :D [SIZE=3]Jim[/SIZE]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin