Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,488   Online: 1099

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I've been using Sprint Fixer for years and can't say enough good things about it.

I've also been using their Quicksilver Print Developer for the last year or so as I've been learning split grade printing and am convinced that their is no better paper developer for neutral tones on Ilford MGIV FB. I have done side by side comparison's with Ansco 130 and Amidol and while I love and prefer those developers on several graded papers there seems to be no advantage to using them with the Ilford MG. The blacks have been far deeper than I expected and despite what I've read I have been able to selenium tone the Ilford MGIV prints and not only enhance the blacks but add a SLIGHT pinkish tone to the mid and high values. Excellent products.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sprint is all we use at school, Suzanne. Been doing it for years and find it all pretty satisfying. Gotta love the lack of fumes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    Sprint is all we use at school, Suzanne. Been doing it for years and find it all pretty satisfying. Gotta love the lack of fumes.
    lack of fumes!?
    the stop bath is vanillia scented

i used to get hungry when i used their stop, and eventually had to go cold turkey,
    so i didn't have to go on a diet <g>

Shooter
    Large Format
    Excellent stuff. I use their film developer, stop, fix and print developer. I actually prefer the film developer with FP4+ over Xtol and DDX, at the very least I have settled on a time and technique that produces excellent and very reliable results for me.

Sincerely,

Hany.
    Last edited by haziz; 12-12-2007 at 06:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh wow... funny to see this old thread!!! I've been using the sprint fix off and on for awhile, although I like TF4, too. I didn't like the paper developer. My prints seemed too cool to my liking. But, yes... this is great chemistry. Especially for schools and gang darkrooms!!

Good to hear about your results, Shawn.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    Oh wow... funny to see this old thread!!! I've been using the sprint fix off and on for awhile, although I like TF4, too. I didn't like the paper developer. My prints seemed too cool to my liking. But, yes... this is great chemistry. Especially for schools and gang darkrooms!!

Good to hear about your results, Shawn.
    I like the print developer precisely because it tends to produce "coolish" (but still fairly neutral) prints. I am currently using some Ilford Cooltone developer that I had bought, but now that the Ilford developer is discontinued I intend to return to Sprint's Quicksilver (Print) developer when my stock runs out.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin