Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,981   Online: 836

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sprint Chemicals

There is a small photo store near me that carries Sprint darkroom chemicals. Does anyone have experience using these chemicals, and any thoughts about them. Are they worth a try?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They use them exclusively at my university; they seem to be of decent quality. The film developer appears to be a D76 knockoff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using the Sprint Paper developer for years. Very convienent. 1:9 for paper. I have a few shots posted in the Critique Galary. Never had a problem with the chemicals. I don't use it for film, use HC110. Oh yes, I also use the Rapid Fixer, very good.
    Bart
    Last edited by $modelman$; 12-13-2004 at 10:10 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add text

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use their rapid fixer. Seems fine.
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Images
    I've used them and they were just fine. Very general chemicals, nothing super special, just did the job and did the job well.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've used all of the chemicals as well. They are just fine for general photography and very easy to mix. And the stop comes in a lovely "vanilla" scent.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    used them years ago when my vendor carried them, whould probably use again in our gang labs if they were available in my location..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    And the stop comes in a lovely "vanilla" scent.
    The stop bath is not effective enough to stop development of amidol. I developed a large batch of 4 x 5 prints last night, 4 at a time in an 8 x 10 tray of amidol. After the first four were developed for 2 minutes, I chucked them into the Sprint stop bath and left them there while I developed the next 4 prints for 2 minutes in the amidol. Then I put the second 4 into the stop bath and then all 8 sheets into the fixer. The first 4 were all more developed than the second 4. Each of the first 4 prints was exactly the same tonality as the other 3 (too dark), and each of the second 4 was exactly the same as the other 3 (perfect). I found this hard to believe, so I tried it again with the next batch of 8. Same results. Sprint Stop Bath is the sweetest smelling water bath you can use with Azo and amidol.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i've used sprint fixer since the early 80s. i've never used anything else because it works really well, and the convenience factor of being a liquid. their film developer is a D-76 and ID-11 (?) replacement product. it works well, and it is metol-free. one cool thing about sprint chemicals, is that if you use all of them - dev/stop/fix ... when the stop bath "indicates" you know everything is exhausted. not sure if you know their website: http://www.sprintsystems.com/

suzanne, they are over the mass border in pawtucket. they used to give tours, if you are ever interested

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a field trip! I don't know anything about them, but being so close certainly explains why my local camera store has so much! I tried the fix today. I want to see how it might affect toning the prints. Fixed some in the sprint, and some in Kodak fixer, so I'll see when I tone if there is a difference. If I like it I'll stick with the sprint. Far fewer fumes! And the liquid beats powders hands down.

Thanks for all your help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin